By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Carmack: Rage runs faster on Xbox 360

Sardauk said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
LOL 4 disc?????? same as doom for 360?

Typical... we are talking about framerate issue and people come back on the storage issue. Anything to try to shoot the 360 hun ?

And it is not 4, it is 2 apparently.

Typical?? take a look at ur self getting all defensive about ur 360 when I didn't even say anything bad against it....now thats typical.

The 4 disc was on the article so I was shocked by the ammount but thx for clearing that it's only 2 disc.

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Sardauk said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
LOL 4 disc?????? same as doom for 360?

Typical... we are talking about framerate issue and people come back on the storage issue. Anything to try to shoot the 360 hun ?

And it is not 4, it is 2 apparently.

Typical?? take a look at ur self getting all defensive about ur 360 when I didn't even say anything bad against it....now thats typical.

The 4 disc was on the article so I was shocked by the ammount but thx for clearing that it's only 2 disc.

Check my profile, I own both console.....

And read the rest of the thread referring 2 diss and not 4....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

what on earth is rage?

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

^^

Here you go:

http://www.aftertheimpact.com/

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Mistershine said:
Cypher1980 said:
They need the SON Y Crack Coding team to get in their and talk to all the "LAZY" devs at Id Software.

What has Carmack ever written anyways ?

Sarcasm, right?

Yep

Around the Network

umh I saw the vid for this ages ago and completely forgot about it ^^.

looks great though.

(PC for me... 360 is gonna be a bit old when this comes out).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

My best friend pointed out something that I think has been missed. Carmack prefers OpenGL. He doesn't use Direct X. If anything, you'd think he would have an easier time getting an engine running well on PS3. I'm sure the gap will close by the time the game is released.

The architectural flaws of the PS3 continue to be a hindrance. If Sony was so hell bent on going with a drastically different architecture, they should have put enough effort into the developments tools for the developers to take advantage of it. Carmack isn't Terminal Reality, if he is having problems it's a hardware issue not a developer issue.

Obviously almost noone noticed the second half of what Carmack said:

"He is, however, confident that the PS3 version will match that of all other supported platforms: “Everything is designed as a 60 hertz game. We expect this to be 60 hertz on every supported platform.”

“The work remaining is getting it locked so there’s never a dropped frame or a tear, but we’re confident that we’re going to get that.”"

http://www.edge-online.com/news/carmack-ps3-performance-lags-behind-360

So, we'll have to see what the game will look like when it's done, not what it looks like in it's current development state.

Hmm..Very unusual thing.Well 2 bad but Id has lost it what it used to be.

Take my love, take my land..

i think all the ps3 problems & limitation come from the GPU. they cant change it or at least improve it ??