By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why The PS3 Will Ultimately Win This Generation

yeah, the Agent looked awesome.( I must have missed something, didn't they only show the logo?)

Around the Network

But every Xbox 360 has been designed to ultimately fail ...

Right here the author loses all credibility as an objective journalist. 

A quick look at a title like Halo 3: ODST will show you how underpowered the Xbox 360 is. Despite this looking like a fun game and providing players a great Halo experience, the engine is absolutely dated and pales in comparison to the offerings from Sony.

I picked this paragraph out of the whole article to comment on because to me it completely showcases the problem with the mindset of many PS3 fanboys: the inability to get over graphics as the x-factor in determining what makes a game great.  The author acknowledges that the game may be fun and provide a good experience for fans, but none of that matters because the engine is old.  Not everyone shares the same obsession with shiny graphics at the expense of everything else, and in my opinion that is a large part of why the PS3 is in third place. 

TL;DR

I LOVE ICELAND!

Lets see:

Software:

Wii system sellers

• Wii Sports 2006
  • Zelda 2006
  • Mario Kart 2008
  • SSBB 2008
  • Wii Fit 2008
  • Wii Play 2007?? (forgot)

Xbox 360 system sellers

• Gears 1 2006
  • Halo 3 2007

PS3 System sellers

• MGS4 2008

Note the trends in quantity and timing? Also note that the Xbox 360 had significant titles which were timed exclusive as well.

Major software screwups by any platform holder:

• GT5 -> Late, late late late late late. GT4HD should have been a PS3 launch title at least.

Hardware? The Xbox 360 is more upgradeable than the PS3 because the upgrade process is something that anyone is willing and able to do. Im betting more 20GB owners upgraded than PS3 owners as an overall %.

Sony as of yet doesn't have:

• A shooter game to the same market driving standard as either Gears or Halo.
  • A WRPG of any note exclusive or timed exclusive to their platform.
  • For that matter any first party game thats legitimately sold 3M or more. So much for having massive software talent, huh?

Btw ignoring the Wii is stupid and the Wii does have the best controller no questions allowed.

Tease.

Whats the point of responding to deluded fanboy who posts deluded articles.

Around the Network

I hate these threads, because then it lets the trolls talk $hit about the console without anything to stop them..

mM
Squilliam said:

Lets see:

Software:

Wii system sellers

• Wii Sports 2006
  • Zelda 2006
  • Mario Kart 2008
  • SSBB 2008
  • Wii Fit 2008
  • Wii Play 2007?? (forgot)

Xbox 360 system sellers

• Gears 1 2006
  • Halo 3 2007

PS3 System sellers

• MGS4 2008

Note the trends in quantity and timing? Also note that the Xbox 360 had significant titles which were timed exclusive as well.

Major software screwups by any platform holder:

• GT5 -> Late, late late late late late. GT4HD should have been a PS3 launch title at least.

Hardware? The Xbox 360 is more upgradeable than the PS3 because the upgrade process is something that anyone is willing and able to do. Im betting more 20GB owners upgraded than PS3 owners as an overall %.

Sony as of yet doesn't have:

• A shooter game to the same market driving standard as either Gears or Halo.
  • A WRPG of any note exclusive or timed exclusive to their platform.
  • For that matter any first party game thats legitimately sold 3M or more. So much for having massive software talent, huh?

Btw ignoring the Wii is stupid and the Wii does have the best controller no questions allowed.

I agree with what you are saying here, but for the Wii list, I think you should add Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games in there. A game selling 7 million copies definitely has an effect on something.

But I guess you are right. It didn't sell systems like MGS4, but it must've kept sales consistent.........and Sonic relevant.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

This is what I think about the article.

dsister44 said:
Can someone summarize it for me? I do not like reading over summer break

PS3 will win because it has a built-in web browser.

It's always funny with people living in their own alternative worlds ^^
Sony would have to sell it's soul to Satan to even have a 10% chance of winning this generation...

Ok, Sony fanboy, why even waste time on writing crap like this? How about just saying "Oh well, PS3 may end up third but atleast I got to experience a lot of good games on it, many being exclusive ones not to be found on other consoles." Because I think that almost everyone (not the haters and some stupid fanboys) would agree with PS3 having a well beyond acceptable list of good games.

Edit:

Btw, this is probably how the author of the article looked while writing it:

I know it's old but I still laugh XD