By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why The PS3 Will Ultimately Win This Generation

...because history has shown that graphics and processing power are what help a game console win. remember the N64 and Xbox? yeah, they totally tore it up!

Around the Network

And here was I thinking you were going to post something funny like...Because it's black, and everyone loves black.

Straight out of the Sony marketing department. Such a puff piece of unsubstantiatable speculation on what the future will bring for console sales that I'm a little embarrased to be an exclusively PS3 owner.

And not counting the Wii!?! come on I thought we were over that by now.

PS3 WON'T win this generation by any measure that emotionally invested people care about. So that means those emotionally invested people will hang themselves on the flimsiest of convoluted, contrived explanations for why the PS3 is the winner, despite it being behind on all the most important metrics.

Despite not winning this gen the PS3 is NOT a Loser console either. It's a great piece of machinery with excellent games and cool features, and sufficient sales to account it as a sales success. And in my view it does represent value for money, at least at the price I paid.

Sony on the other hand is currently a loser this generation, and it will be at the end of the generation unless they can turn a sufficient profit out of the PS3 (incl. game sales) and Blu-ray from here on out to offset the initial losses incurred from PS3 sales up to now.

What has PS3 won? Well it has won a sustainable level of thrid party support, which more than a few were sugggesting wasn't going to happen. Predicting it would be the ultimate downfall of PS3 and exit of Sony (to much applause and gay abandon from the doomsayers) from the console hardware market.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PS3 and Xbox 360 combined could outsell Wii by a wider gap as the three systems age and as the first two get motion controls. But Nintendo will have a response of some sort planned, and the Wii will have more exclusive content than either system

So yeah, it may not be the 180m vs. 60m vs 50m whitewashing people thought it would be a year ago, but if it was 120m vs 60m vs 50m its still a hell of a thomping.

Wii is going to have a couple hundred third party games sell over a million copies the way things are going. Sega, Capcom, Activision, EA, Ubisoft and others already have multiple titles which have sold over 1m units on Wii.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

The article is absolute nonsense, it disqualifies a competitor, and basically no good will come of this topic.

Thread locked.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Any 360 fan will consider this article a huge bias of course.

Around the Network

dont worry guys! it doesmt have to outsell the wii since the wii isnt a real console sinc eno third parties make money from it!

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I would just like to add, having all 3 systems like so many is great you tend to have every option available.

Now about this thread;

writer needs to be real about this Sony will win, Sony Corp will be around for the next gaming war and they know they had it easy when they were agaisn't the cart base N64 and the DOA Dreamcast and Square and Enix ( FF & DQ series) went over to PS1, they had it in the bag when DVD was the standard and ridding the wave of BC so you had the PS2 and the backlog of all those PS1 games and yet again most 3rd party games didn't bother with GCN and XBX1 was just the new kid on the block.

Now tell me how they can win this gen??????????

Blu isn't standard and it won't be for some time, get the figures and I believe DVD still owns like 95% of the market.

That new kid on the block has daddy $$$, guess what... XB360 came and brought HD gaming to the masses for cheap. that ring of death might be an issue for a small amount of people but Sony also has it's share or Yellow ring. YROD on a more expensive system would hurt me more, vs RROD on a cheaper one.

Now tell me what major 3rd party game this gen ( system movers) has Sony had over MST & Wii? MGS4 ( check), GTA4 (oops), FFXIII ( oops),DQ ( oops)... Well I'm trying to think of a way but KZ2 and the lot of the rest just can't be called system sellers.

But hey, they have Home ( btw that sucks but that's just my personal opinion)

I specifically left wii out because as TheSource said it right there.

Monster Hunter Tri : Omegas

Behold! I am Omegas