By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MaxwellGT2000 is now a 360 owner, reccomend some good (fairly cheap) games!

Hell, even FFIV The After Years is better than 90% of the JRPG's released this generation.

Get that game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

You on Live maxwell? and what genres do you like?

Cod4
Gears of War 2
Fallout 3

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Onyxmeth said:

I'll do this by tiers based on your own store's prices with whatever I find on the website:

Games to buy for $10 or under:

Condemned: Criminal Origins-$9.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance-$9.99
Just Cause-$9.99
Project Gotham Racing 3-$7.99

Games to buy between $11-$20

Gears of War-$17.99
Ninja Gaiden II-$17.99
Prince of Persia-$18.99
Forza Motorsport 2-$12.99
Project Gotham Racing 4-$14.99
Guitar Hero III-$14.99
Tomb Raider Legend-$14.99
Earth Defense Force 2017-$17.99
Fatal Inertia-$12.99

I was wondering how was Just Cause I've yet to hear any personal friends tell me anything about it.  I made a story for Just Cause 2 for E3 this year cause it looked interesting but not sure how that compared to the first.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

ZOMG

Geometry Wars 2: Retro Evolved

/ZOMG

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

I heard Deadliest catch was the bees' knees!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Euphoria14 said:
Hell, even FFIV The After Years is better than 90% of the JRPG's released this generation.

Get that game.

LOL you should know by now I'm a whore for Final Fantasy IV I also did the review for The After Years.  I need to start the tales of Edge Yang and Palrom, I buy them every time they come out.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Onyxmeth said:

I'll do this by tiers based on your own store's prices with whatever I find on the website:

Just Cause-$9.99

Gears of War-$17.99
Ninja Gaiden II-$17.99
Prince of Persia-$18.99
Guitar Hero III-$14.99
Fatal Inertia-$12.99

I was wondering how was Just Cause I've yet to hear any personal friends tell me anything about it.  I made a story for Just Cause 2 for E3 this year cause it looked interesting but not sure how that compared to the first.

It's worth the $10. It's like a more streamlined open world game. Side quests all come from the same kind of people, your main quests come from specific locations that you can be transported to from any point. The physics and stunts are awesome, as is the grappling hook and parachute/freefalling. The shooting is basically lock on with the option to do a more traditional free aim over the shoulder view. The dialogue is hilariously awful latino stereotypes at work. The landscape is absolutely humongous but a lot is jungle and hills/mountains.There's bikes, buggies, cars, trucks, boats, helicopters and planes. Good stuff.

The main drawbacks are that it's a glitchy game at times. I've had a few, reviewers have had some doozies. It's completely random, but it doesn't happen all that often. The worst part of the game is that the vehicular parts are not nearly as satisfying as they are in GTA IV. You can drive full speed into a civilian and watch them stand perfectly still on your front grill as you drag them an entire block, and they'll merely run away when you stop. It's annoying but not a dealbreaker.

The way I see it, if you have the money, get GTA IV. It's better in every way possible. Just Cause is a good game though and worth the low entry price to play it at. If anything, pay the money and see if it's for you. You can always return it within 7 if it's not.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Just Cause-$9.99

Gears of War-$17.99
Ninja Gaiden II-$17.99
Prince of Persia-$18.99
Guitar Hero III-$14.99
Fatal Inertia-$12.99

It's worth the $10. It's like a more streamlined open world game. Side quests all come from the same kind of people, your main quests come from specific locations that you can be transported to from any point. The physics and stunts are awesome, as is the grappling hook and parachute/freefalling. The shooting is basically lock on with the option to do a more traditional free aim over the shoulder view. The dialogue is hilariously awful latino stereotypes at work. The landscape is absolutely humongous but a lot is jungle and hills/mountains.There's bikes, buggies, cars, trucks, boats, helicopters and planes. Good stuff.

The main drawbacks are that it's a glitchy game at times. I've had a few, reviewers have had some doozies. It's completely random, but it doesn't happen all that often. The worst part of the game is that the vehicular parts are not nearly as satisfying as they are in GTA IV. You can drive full speed into a civilian and watch them stand perfectly still on your front grill as you drag them an entire block, and they'll merely run away when you stop. It's annoying but not a dealbreaker.

The way I see it, if you have the money, get GTA IV. It's better in every way possible. Just Cause is a good game though and worth the low entry price to play it at. If anything, pay the money and see if it's for you. You can always return it within 7 if it's not.

Yeah too bad I don't like GTA4 :P but I try other open world games and generally like them more.

What would you reccomend for XBLA?  I'm seriously thinking about Vigilante 8 since that's my favorite car combat game.

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Yeah too bad I don't like GTA4 :P but I try other open world games and generally like them more.

What would you reccomend for XBLA?  I'm seriously thinking about Vigilante 8 since that's my favorite car combat game.

Get Vigilante 8 then. I hear it's pretty good. Ask someone that owns it about whether the online community is dead or alive, if that matters to you at all. I suggest the following titles:

Big name originals

1. Braid
2. N+
3. Castle Crashers
4. Geometry Wars 2
5. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Unsung originals

1. Pinball FX
2. Outpost Kaloki X
3. Poker Smash
4. Carcassonne
5. Aces of the Galaxy

Previous gen ports

1. Castlevania: SOTN
2. Ikaruga
3. Doom
4. Gunstar Heroes
5. Prince of Persia Classic

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.