By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Reach to be Bungie's Last Halo

IMO it has the one of the best soundtrack in a first person shooter

Around the Network

Yeah, the Halo scores are fantastic. You will get another Halo score with Reach. Marty is a genius.

The Halo music is great.

Sure it is. They'll keep making Halo if they want to keep making money.

yes i think it will be there last this gen. 2010 after reaches release.

then mabey 2 years later we can have a proper halo sequel called halo 4 launched on a new xbox

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

I don't doubt that Bungie is getting tired of developing Halo titles. Theirs only so much that you can do with a franchise before it needs some fresh blood.  To be honest Bungie said Halo3 was going to be their last Halo game and that they were working on a new IP. So this new IP must already be pretty far along in development. It has probubly been a side project for the last few years maybe 20 or so developers working on it.

I'm personally interested in how 343 is going to handle Halo. I'm also really looking forward to Bungie's next IP hopefully they can go onto produce numerous successful IP's and become Microsoft Nintendo EAD. Can you imagine if Bungie becomes the new Miyamoto and creates multiple successful IP. I would love to see them head in another direction too, they have innovated enough and done enough with the FPS genre that its no longer viable to continue. It's time for them to spread their wings and target another genre.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

The Halo of the next Xbox better bring us the proper storyline continuation.

Hopefully it won't be a remake of marathon.
That would be a bitch, wouldn't it?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
Hopefully it won't be a remake of marathon.
That would be a bitch, wouldn't it?

Aren't the two series interconnected?

I hope 343 keeps the halo games up to the same standard and quality that bungie creates them. The music is probably among the best in gaming

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!