By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Conduit June sales (NPD - 2 weeks) - 71,913

Squilliam said:
So I take it that between the Conduits sales and MW2 not being on the Wii theres a gap in the market which no company is in a particularly big hurry to fill.

So why is it the only people who seem to care about the Wii's supposed FPS prowess with the IR mote are the hardcore gamers who trawl on the websites?

Uh, oh.

Around the Network

I told everyone that this game bombed and listed several reasons why.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

It bombed people, get over it.The denial is awful.

But war... war never changes

If these numbers are right, VGChartz overtracked The Conduit by about 89%. Not 200% like some people here say, but still. Overall sales should be around 90k for The Conduit now, instead of 155k.

It does not mean The Conduit bombed yet. But it does mean that VGChartz has a big problem with tracking software. They constantly overtrack hyped Wii games and undertrack 360 games. This may be a coincidence or not.

Game didn't match expectations to say the least. It will finish around 350k - 450k if lucky.

Let's say it people - it bombed. Shit happens.

Around the Network

Just wait for the confirmed numbers to come out.

And then wait for next month's numbers as well to confirm whether any blaring adjustments have been made.

If you start seeing big sales on Conduit at Toy R Us and other major retail outlets by then, signs point towards the game underperforming HVS' expectations.

But at this point, signs are already leaning towards lower than expected sales. The level of denial among some really isn't helping the reality of the situation either.

How can June sales be 2 weeks when it was released 23rd of June? O.o

It only launched in Australia... yesterday? I haven't picked up my copy, but will do so...

...once my wife gives birth, that takes precedence strangely enough ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

greenmedic88 said:
Just wait for the confirmed numbers to come out.

And then wait for next month's numbers as well to confirm whether any blaring adjustments have been made.

If you start seeing big sales on Conduit at Toy R Us and other major retail outlets by then, signs point towards the game underperforming HVS' expectations.

But at this point, signs are already leaning towards lower than expected sales. The level of denial among some really isn't helping the reality of the situation either.

You mean like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Conduit-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001HKPUKC/ref=pd_ts_vg_48?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

mM

Also sega was overtracking this? They were happy...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)