By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Conduit June sales (NPD - 2 weeks) - 71,913

Ghost Busters sold more copies than "The Conduit"? Really? Ghost Busters? Wii owners have bad taste in video games.

Around the Network

famousring - I only trust VGC data for games that released within 3 months. VGC has a hard time tracking legs of games. So yeah in a couple of months I wont bother calling it a flop.

No, Ghostbusrs has not sold more than the Conduit... kinda. Ghostbuster has been on the market for a week longer. If the game only has a couple of week sales 1 week makes a difference sometimes.

Video_Game_Critic said:

Here is an article from USA Today.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2009/07/68494738/1
This is the reason Infinity Ward will not make a copy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for the Wii. If Wii owners want quality FPSs for the Wii, they need to support developers.

EDIT:

Link has been repaired.

That's bullshit.  Infinity Ward knew they weren't gonna make a Wii version of Modern Warfare 2 long before The Conduit was even finished - stop sensationalizing things. 

Are you sure about that Kenny?

Around the Network

Both numbers seem weird to me. I won't be surprised if both are wrong. For some reason, Vgchartz seemed to(and still is) having trouble tracking the game from the start. We waited almost 2 weeks to get at least something, which was a very obscure 150k in a post by ioi. Then we got a more defined week 1, week2 but still it seemed kinda of off on how that happened. And then this pops out of no where with huge cap from VGCs numbers. I can't help but wait and see rather than deny or jump on the "bombz" wagon. Frankly, it seems kinda funny how some are in denial and saying "nooo that isn't right", while there are others who say "yes!!! it bombed. I'm so happy now". Well maybe they didn't use the exact words but that is what I see when reading some of these posts. So like I said I will wait for things to straighten out. Though I barely even care to check numbers for games, and I'm probably very inexperienced in interpreting data like some of you guys might be. Oh and please if there is something I'm missing in all of this(judging from my post) then tell me.

Video_Game_Critic said:
Ghost Busters sold more copies than "The Conduit"? Really? Ghost Busters? Wii owners have bad taste in video games.

I find this statement so ironic for some reason

mM
mrstickball said:

Torillian 'Sounds difficult to believe. I'd have to wait for a more reliable source. No disrespect to this poster, but it just seems like a strangely low number.'

Scottie 'Ahh NPD, always being wrong'

patjuan32 'Dude, you do not even know if the game flopped. NPD only release the top 20. No other site has confirmed the sale figures reported in the OP. The wise move is to take those numbers as if the are grains of salt. Secondly to be in the top 20, the conduit would have to sale more than 193,000 units. VGChartz did not have the game selling that many units.'

alfredofroylan 'I'm going to take this with a grain of salt. The original source took the numbers down and one of the things that catched my attenttion was the gap between the number 6 and 7 of the Wii list (wii play and the conduit) more than 70k, that's a quite big gap.'

Chizrum '
It does not mean The Conduit bombed yet. But it does mean that VGChartz has a big problem with tracking software. They constantly overtrack hyped Wii games and undertrack 360 games. This may be a coincidence or not.'

GianCarmen 'Why is everyone calling The Conduit a Bomb. Really, its only been out for 9 days and it was counted for those days. Stop saying that it flopped, lets wait for a month to see how it has done. Some of you are really beating it up for only 9 days of sales. That $hit needs to stop.'

That's at least 6 people that are having toruble accepting the numbers. Not because it's NPD, but because they either think the Conduit had to do better, or arguing that the sales numbers, if accepted, are irrelevant. I consider both sides of the argument to be from the 'I refuse to admit the Conduit did poorly' camp.

Do you not understand how implying that the number sounds really low especially considering that the vgChartz number is twice as high is different than saying that 70k is good?

They are two entirely different concepts.  Come on mrstickball, you should know better than this.

I think the terrible reviews hurt this games chances.

@ JEDE3:

It's not like Infinity Ward looked into the future and saw 72k for The Conduit in the first two weeks and decided against making Modern Warfare 2 for the platform. If anything, they'd use World at War as a barometer.

And didn't we get the confirmation that there'd be no MW2 on Wii BEFORE we got NPD numbers?