By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Conduit June sales (NPD - 2 weeks) - 71,913

The hate on the forums for The Conduit with nine days of sales is mindblowing. There are no words to describe what the hell I am hearing. Everyone is talking how its flopped with not even a month of sales. Nine days people, nine days. I dont feel bad for Vgchartz at all, for what they are able to do with sales at, least they are trying the best they can. For me its great, the sales may not be perfect, but they are getting close. Plus its free information for me.

Around the Network

And that is why more third parties are not doing TV adds for Wii games.

The sales bump provided by the tv adds won't even cover the cost of those adds........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

ouch! what the **** happened?

aavidbacon said:

Yeah because no game on Wii ever bombed, no matter if it got Meh reviews or weak start. They got legs... I mean, the fact that this logic could be used to call Haze a success( it will reach 1mln till the end of the year, over two years since release) could tell us something, no?

Let's face it, Wii got bombs, despite it's big userbase. Violent, male targeted games don't sell well on Wii, cause that's not why people got a Wii for. I'm not afraid of calling Motorstorm:PR a bomb, sales wise, despite being an excellent and fun game, cause after 8 months of it's release it only got 600-700k units, acording to VGC. It may sell a million? Yes, but it will take too long.

Conduit may get to a million? Yes, but it will take so long that Sega will think twice before releasing such a game in Wii again.

I agree 99.999% with this post.

Plus, The Conduit looks kinda OK. Nothing spectacular, but maybe worth playing over a weekend once. Truth be told, this game is not looking like a success. Sure it might crawl over a million, but that will include a lot of bargain bin sales if the sales continue like this.

The Grinder looks a much better offering.

GianCarmen said:
The hate on the forums for The Conduit with nine days of sales is mindblowing. There are no words to describe what the hell I am hearing. Everyone is talking how its flopped with not even a month of sales. Nine days people, nine days.

12 days people, 12 days!!

And everyone already realizes that, it's in the headline of this very thread: "Conduit June sales (NPD - 2 weeks)"

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network
GianCarmen said:
The hate on the forums for The Conduit with nine days of sales is mindblowing. There are no words to describe what the hell I am hearing. Everyone is talking how its flopped with not even a month of sales. Nine days people, nine days. I dont feel bad for Vgchartz at all, for what they are able to do with sales at, least they are trying the best they can. For me its great, the sales may not be perfect, but they are getting close. Plus its free information for me.

12 days.  NPD covers till the 4th.

EDIT: woops, I was too slow double checking.

Joystiq got that info from Edge, where did Edge get it from? I'm hoping they don't site the NPD leak, which I have a hunch they're doing.

BTW, Malstrom said: "The Irrational Hardcore Hatred for the Conduit is at such a level, I expect nothing less than parades that it 'didn’t chart'. The 'LOL No Hardcore On Wii' articles are already being written by the ‘game journalists’. I expect to see them tomorrow morning."

Agreeing with a lot of realilists in this thread.

The Conduits sales are atrocious for the first 2 weeks. If you want to argue that one of the biggest exclusive FPSes launching at

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Agreeing with a lot of realilists in this thread.

The Conduits sales are atrocious for the first 2 weeks. If you want to argue that one of the biggest exclusive FPSes launching at <100k in 2 weeks is 'good', then feel free to. But don't mind me calling you crazy for it.

The Wii base here is ravenous. No More Heroes didn't bomb. Madworld didn't bomb. Zak & Wiki didn't bomb. In fact, no Wii game has ever bombed. 100% of Wii titles have sold perfectly fine, while it's totally reasonable to call out games like Bionic Commando, Haze, or Too Human as being failures. This seems to be the logic of many Wii fans here.

I think people need to wake up and smell the coffee. No system is perfect in what it can sell. The X360 has it's turds, as does the PS3. Just because the Wii is leading the market doesn't mean that it has a 100% picture-perfect track record with title sales. Not every PS2 game sold what was needed. Not every PS1 game. Not every SNES game. That is the market. Just because your in first place doesn't mean you won't have issues.

My opinion: The Conduit bombed in America and Europe for the first 2 weeks. It may show legs, and if it's a good game, I hope it does. However, to look at ~125,000 sales for 2 major areas for the timeframe we see, and calling it 'good' is nothing short of a mockery of the analytics provided by this website. If I were to take any other 80%+ PS3/X360 game, and put them in a similar situation for sales, I would be laughed at if I didn't call it anything other than a bomb.

I think only one person in this entire thread has implied that 70k was acceptible and that was only with the "it will continue selling for a long time" qualifier by mentioning legs.  And no one has specifically said the sales were "good."

How about reading the thread before writing your minirant next time, hm?

Most people in this thread are astonished not only at how low the sales are but how freakishly vgChartz appears to have overtracked them.

71k for 14 days. The spacious gap between The Conduit and Wii Play in the leaked NPD numbers seems a bit suspect to me. But no way is 71k a good figure for two weeks. I don't know what happened with this game. The smear campaign didn't help things either. It really is a good game.