By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Conduit June sales (NPD - 2 weeks) - 71,913

famousringo said:
ameratsu said:
Kenology said:

^ Sorry you missed it. It's archived on metacritic though... if you wanna have a look.

Give me a break. The Conduit was given the most coverage of any mediocre shooter since... Haze? Of course there were reviewers who hardly played the game and hacked together a review. That happens with every game, but your conspiracy theory that the gaming press is systematically underrating certain Wii games makes me call bullshit.

I'd say he has a case.

If you listen to the critics, The Conduit is barely better than Call of Duty 3, worse than Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, and way worse than Call of Duty: World at War.

If you listen to actual Wii users, it's the best FPS on the Wii, with the best user score of all four games.

I doubt it's a 'conspiracy' as you put it, but rating The Conduit between Call of Duty 3 and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 is absurd, and only serves to further discredit game reviewers as professional journalists.

Call of Duty 3 was good. So was Medal of Honor Heroes 2. And CoD:WaW was also good.

Keep in mind that The Conduit is the only Wii only FPS of those so far. As with Killzone 2, many PS3 fans call it the greatest FPS ever. It does not surprise me that it would be called the best FPS on the Wii.

I will not speak my opinion on the game itself.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
ameratsu said:
Kenology said:

^ Sorry you missed it. It's archived on metacritic though... if you wanna have a look.

Give me a break. The Conduit was given the most coverage of any mediocre shooter since... Haze? Of course there were reviewers who hardly played the game and hacked together a review. That happens with every game, but your conspiracy theory that the gaming press is systematically underrating certain Wii games makes me call bullshit.

I'd say he has a case.

If you listen to the critics, The Conduit is barely better than Call of Duty 3, worse than Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, and way worse than Call of Duty: World at War.

If you listen to actual Wii users, it's the best FPS on the Wii, with the best user score of all four games.

I doubt it's a 'conspiracy' as you put it, but rating The Conduit between Call of Duty 3 and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 is absurd, and only serves to further discredit game reviewers as professional journalists.

*yawn*

Fans of a certain game are always louder than those who think that the other game is slightly better.

I can remember when Resistance 2 came out all PS fans said it's the best shooter ever and 6 months later they say that the campaign sucked and that Resistance 1 was miles better.

Barozi said:
famousringo said:
ameratsu said:
Kenology said:

I'd say he has a case.

*yawn*

Fans of a certain game are always louder than those who think that the other game is slightly better.

I can remember when Resistance 2 came out all PS fans said it's the best shooter ever and 6 months later they say that the campaign sucked and that Resistance 1 was miles better.

I don't think anyone did that

JEDE3 said:
Barozi said:
famousringo said:
ameratsu said:
Kenology said:

I'd say he has a case.

*yawn*

I don't think anyone did that

What exactly ?

Resistance 2 best shooter ever or campaign in R2 sucks, R1 is miles better ?

Star Scream said:
saicho said:
Star Scream said:
On the other hand, it looks like some older PSP games are UNDERTRACKED.

Examples:

PSP GOD OF WAR: CHAINS OF OLYMPUS 35,144
PSP X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE 28,384
PSP MLB '09: THE SHOW 27,575
PSP UP 26,328
PSP GRAND THEFT AUTO: LIBERTY CITY STORIES 25,370
PSP STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED 25,294
PSP TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN 25,150
PSP MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL 2K9 20,956
PSP RESISTANCE: RETRIBUTION 20,901
PSP CRISIS CORE: FINAL FANTASY VII 20,458

do we know how well does Rock Band PSP do?

According to the VGCHARTZ, 8,135 +  3,539 = 11,674   -   http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=32175&region=All

But according to NPD:

PSP ROCK BAND UNPLUGGED 37,480

And that does not include bundles.

Around the Network

This is more what I was expecting than the VGChartz figures. The 160k for the first two weeks was very high. About half of that sounds more like it.

This is invisible text!

leo-j said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/17/the-conduit-sales-fizzle-in-late-june-debut/

yes the conduit sold just under 72,000 according to "NPD"

Ya know I shouldn't have to travel all the way through this god forsakken topic just to find and ACTUAL source.  DO NOT post threads with a confirmed link on something if that link is twitter.  That not only makes you incompetent but it gives less credibility to other reliable members.  Thank you Leo-J for finding a legitimate source.  Apparently others can't do so because twitter is reliable to them.

Well I must say 72k is not that great.  I had at least expected 100k from the game when NPD would leak out the numbers.  Apparently the Wii owners weren't psyched about this generic shooter like the members on this forum were.  We'll see how the game does in the long run but for now it's not off to a good start.

And why is it when any Wii game releases it becomes a zoo for people who think they know what happens.  Got one side always saying a game doesn't bomb and another side always saying it did.  It's been out for how long?  You know the production cost how?  You are assuming and expecting us to believe you that it's a bomb or not?  How about you put it back in your pipe and talk to me in a month or 2 when he have a clear view of whehter a game is a bomb or not.  I don't want to hear the bullshit of well Wii games never bomb or the other side that any hyped Wii game is always a bomb.  It's a fucking video game.  Just like a movie, it has a production cost and a fixed number they want it to be a success.  Unless your Sega I suggest you sit your ass down before it gets to greasy from all that bullshit coming out of it. 

I don't know what it is with all you fucking people about Wii games releasing and their sales but it's becoming a frenzy of circus people.  It's annoying, it is discrediting to a once respectable user base, and most of all it turns these forums into something worse than the aftermath of a building fire.  Stop the fanboy wars over this because there is no need for it to be warranted.  Got the Sony and MS fanboys using it as a way to say Wii fans don't do this and don't do that and Nintendo fans using it as a way to say but the sales and production costs.  You both don't know anything.  Isn't that good enough for both of ya. 

Geez you all make me want to go the way of BKK2.  I think he had the right idea.  Get away from all of your annoyances.  Miss the old days of the forums when it was just a few select people talking about htis smartly. 

Zucas said:
leo-j said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/17/the-conduit-sales-fizzle-in-late-june-debut/

yes the conduit sold just under 72,000 according to "NPD"

Ya know I shouldn't have to travel all the way through this god forsakken topic just to find and ACTUAL source.  DO NOT post threads with a confirmed link on something if that link is twitter.  That not only makes you incompetent but it gives less credibility to other reliable members.  Thank you Leo-J for finding a legitimate source.  Apparently others can't do so because twitter is reliable to them.

Well I must say 72k is not that great.  I had at least expected 100k from the game when NPD would leak out the numbers.  Apparently the Wii owners weren't psyched about this generic shooter like the members on this forum were.  We'll see how the game does in the long run but for now it's not off to a good start.

And why is it when any Wii game releases it becomes a zoo for people who think they know what happens.  Got one side always saying a game doesn't bomb and another side always saying it did.  It's been out for how long?  You know the production cost how?  You are assuming and expecting us to believe you that it's a bomb or not?  How about you put it back in your pipe and talk to me in a month or 2 when he have a clear view of whehter a game is a bomb or not.  I don't want to hear the bullshit of well Wii games never bomb or the other side that any hyped Wii game is always a bomb.  It's a fucking video game.  Just like a movie, it has a production cost and a fixed number they want it to be a success.  Unless your Sega I suggest you sit your ass down before it gets to greasy from all that bullshit coming out of it. 

I don't know what it is with all you fucking people about Wii games releasing and their sales but it's becoming a frenzy of circus people.  It's annoying, it is discrediting to a once respectable user base, and most of all it turns these forums into something worse than the aftermath of a building fire.  Stop the fanboy wars over this because there is no need for it to be warranted.  Got the Sony and MS fanboys using it as a way to say Wii fans don't do this and don't do that and Nintendo fans using it as a way to say but the sales and production costs.  You both don't know anything.  Isn't that good enough for both of ya. 

Geez you all make me want to go the way of BKK2.  I think he had the right idea.  Get away from all of your annoyances.  Miss the old days of the forums when it was just a few select people talking about htis smartly. 

this is the best post in this thread  (mine was good, but it was only a joke about COD:WaW and Red Steel and sinha was "so serious")

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

_mevildan said:
aavidbacon said:

Yeah because no game on Wii ever bombed, no matter if it got Meh reviews or weak start. They got legs... I mean, the fact that this logic could be used to call Haze a success( it will reach 1mln till the end of the year, over two years since release) could tell us something, no?

Let's face it, Wii got bombs, despite it's big userbase. Violent, male targeted games don't sell well on Wii, cause that's not why people got a Wii for. I'm not afraid of calling Motorstorm:PR a bomb, sales wise, despite being an excellent and fun game, cause after 8 months of it's release it only got 600-700k units, acording to VGC. It may sell a million? Yes, but it will take too long.

Conduit may get to a million? Yes, but it will take so long that Sega will think twice before releasing such a game in Wii again.

I agree 99.999% with this post.

Plus, The Conduit looks kinda OK. Nothing spectacular, but maybe worth playing over a weekend once. Truth be told, this game is not looking like a success. Sure it might crawl over a million, but that will include a lot of bargain bin sales if the sales continue like this.

The Grinder looks a much better offering.

Agree with this post.  While crawling over a million makes for good fanboy talking points, it does not exactly inspire developers to make more similar games since bargain bin sales generate only a small fraction of the revenue that launch week sales do. 

Ok. I finally see the famous NPD data and the Wii fanboys getting slapped because of the number of sales by the HD fanboys..... Oh boy.

For the ending week of June, the 9 days days in which the conduit debuted on June, doesn't sound bad. Based on the current data, It will reach the number of core gamers on the wii in a relatively short time. The majority of Wii owners do not track sites like IGN, Gametrailers or Gamepro and of course they do not read magazines. Their lives are very busy for such things and many of them don't even know this game was released.

Sega stated that they now want to promote the game in other kind of media, the non-gameing media that Nintendo uses to promote Wii, Wii fit , wii music and maybe Wii Sports Resort. Sega wants them to know they should check the game out. This can be achieved witout any viral marketing nor any massive advertising. Placing the right ads on the right media can invite Wii owners to get the game for them of their teen children (to make them stop being crybabies on why they bought a Wii :P). It all depends on Sega's marketing strategy and the genius of their marketers.

Sega couldn't do this with Madworld and House of the Dead Overkill for obvious reasons. But with the Conduit they can. I wish them luck