By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony announces a PS3 Slim for Winter 09 a Pricecut WONT happen

^ The OPs suggestion is that the Slim will reduce production costs, to make Sony money

Around the Network

I know I wrote it :P I'm talking about now though and why they can make some serious profit with both Software, DD and by the time the Slim comes around Hardware sales

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

A price cut wouldnt need to happen this Christmas is PS3 Slim came out.

Gran Turismo 5 would also like be alongside it, and so would Final Fantasy 13 for Japan.

IF a pricecut were to come, it would be around February/March to go with the big games gettting released Q1 2010.

Carl has a point. I can see a pricecut happening to boost the morale and hype of GOWIII and it would make more sense if they implemented two $50.00 pricecuts one at the beginning of the year and one towards the holiday season

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Honestly with Sony's financial are we REALLY expecting a price cut? If anything Sony will announce the slim and hope people still dish out $400 for a "cooler" model. Did the PSP GO! not prove anything?

Believe me I want to get a PS3 someday cheap, but right now Killzone 2 and MGS4 with the $400 bundle is the way to go.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:

Honestly with Sony's financial are we REALLY expecting a price cut? If anything Sony will announce the slim and hope people still dish out $400 for a "cooler" model. Did the PSP GO! not prove anything?

Believe me I want to get a PS3 someday cheap, but right now Killzone 2 and MGS4 with the $400 bundle is the way to go.

This you said everything I wanted too in less words to

i think a slim will come out this fall then at the end of this fiscal year they will cut the price to $300
but then again sony has been very unpredictable this gen

The reason $ony made the PSP Go is to drop the price on the more important PS3 atleast that's what I think!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Haha, there's a lot of people (Looking at you bullet) that for some reason think that Sony love the PS3 and only have the PSP to prop the PS3 up. That's just not true, the fact is, Sony is putting many more good games on the PSP than the PS3 in the near future. Sony care about the consoles that are making them money, PSP and PS2.

I concur that a price cut isn't guarenteed if the slim launches, they may instead use it to reduce the amount they're losing on each PS3. Say from a $100 loss to maybe even as low as $25.

I also believe that the high yearly prediction for PS3 shipments is fairly standard stuff - predict high to raise investor confidence, also because Sony seems to actually genuinely expect more from the PS3 than anyone else does

The slim will retail for 599.

Mark my words.

4 ≈ One