By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony announces a PS3 Slim for Winter 09 a Pricecut WONT happen

I believe it´s absolutely necessary a price cut to make ps3 go up. Strong tittles like Uncharted 2, GT 5, FF 13, God of war 3 won´t be enough. Time is passing and ps3 is loosing ground week after week. And when a price cut comes out, 360 and wii also have a fall in price...

Psp 3000 is making some money, psp go won´t be a huge sucess because it´s downloading and expensive.

Ps2 is doing ok in hardware sales but not in software.

Around the Network
ruimartiniman said:

I believe it´s absolutely necessary a price cut to make ps3 go up. Strong tittles like Uncharted 2, GT 5, FF 13, God of war 3 won´t be enough. Time is passing and ps3 is loosing ground week after week. And when a price cut comes out, 360 and wii also have a fall in price...

Psp 3000 is making some money, psp go won´t be a huge sucess because it´s downloading and expensive.

I think we disagree on psp go sales... there are a LOT of people that want it and do not like to carry disks... plus it has the best games on almost any system coming out in the near future.. i expect a huge turn around for the pspgo (not like the psp 3000 is doing bad but a huge uplift in psp sales is what i mean)

Well the way the fucking retards at Sony think I wouldn't be surprised if the Slim costs more than the current PS3 (think Go.)

Dno said:
ruimartiniman said:

I think we disagree on psp go sales... there are a LOT of people that want it and do not like to carry disks... plus it has the best games on almost any system coming out in the near future.. i expect a huge turn around for the pspgo (not like the psp 3000 is doing bad but a huge uplift in psp sales is what i mean)

I also don´t like to carry the umd disks, but there are a lot of people like me that want a physical support, a game of their own. Sure Sony is working in a way to allow the umd to be played in psp go. Anyway i just hope you are right and psp go will be great because it is a very good piece of hardware. Did you see GT on psp go? Looks great.

Dno said:

I think you're wrong for several reasons

1- Let's not forget another group of peoples : the retailers. They don't like the PSPGO, not at all, and I believe they won't push this device. Maybe some general stores will, but Gamestop and other just won't because it's pretty much about shooting yourself in the feet, both for first hand and second hand markets.

2- Because of tensions with retailers, Sony is going to sell digital version at the box version's price and that's really a downturn for consumers.

3- Because digital games cannot be re-sold. Publishers can cry all they want : many players can only afford to buy new games because they sold previous ones. You can't do that with the PSPGo and that's a huge weakness IMO.

Around the Network

I expect 350 euros for Slim+gt5 in bundle (which would be better option for them than 100 euro price cut).
For US probably $400 with GT5 bundled or 350$ with some new platinum title (Heavenly Sword maybe? - it would make perfect sense to release it before GoW III hits in spring).

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Slim or no slim, there's no price cut coming. This is Sony we're talking about here. They seem determined to finish in last place.

piningforthefjords said:

Slim or no slim, there's no price cut coming. This is Sony we're talking about here. They seem determined to finish in last place.

I would rather them come in third then second at the cost of them going bankrupt

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi