By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats with all the hate on Halo?

Dno said:
ironman said:
Ah, yes, Halo haters...without Halo who knows where the console FPS would be? Halo was this first one that REALLY worked with a console.

Golden eye?

Perfect Dark?

Yeah but those games haven't aged very well, controlling a FPS with one analog stick doesn't work anymore.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
yo_john117 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Pity I can't find the last three books. And I am not really interested in the forerunners trilogy.

They usually have them in stock on Amazon.  And whats the forerunners trilogy?  I've never heard of it.

You know the forerunners right?  The ancient race that lived before humanity and the covenant and created the Halo rings to stop the Flood well they get their own trilogy.

Yeah I know who they are, just didn't know they were making books about them.  It appears that they haven't come out yet.

BladeOfGod said:

@uadafa know i edited my post. But do you really think Halo would be that succesfull if it wasnt on console?

Same can be said for almost every console FPS because a it was made from the ground up for the consoles..... the FPS version of Halo of course.

Sardauk said:

For me, it is a love-hate situation:

Halo 3 is the most competitive game I ever played on console. The ranked playlists are more about true skills than experience (>

Even if I'm an "old" gamer, I'm still struggling to reach level 30 (Major - the minimum Spartan level to me).... and I believe I might never reach it (still stucked at 26)....

Whem I manage to get a point, I'm very happy and feel like I have achieved something agains't the other players... when I loose a point, I want to break my controller and punch the screen .... very frustrating...

Ah yes I know that feeling all too well.  I'm stuck at a 35, and I Can't seem to get any higher no matter what i do.

What are you a 26 in?  maybe me and my firends could boost you to your 30

Samus Aran said:
ironman said:
Samus Aran said:
Still no one answered my question... lol
Anyway you made this thread because people vote down Halo, but a lot more people vote down on metroid prime just because it's on the top. Including the OP, so don't be such a hypocrite douche bag.

Yeah, they (including myself) were voting it down because it doesn't belong on top, not because they hated the game (unlike you with Halo) so really there is no hipocracy here, after all, the thread title is "Whats with all the hate on Halo" not, "why do people keep voting down Halo"

He said that he made this thread because of the voting down on Halo. Besides what do you know about metroid prime... Nothing, nada, rien, nichts, niets... You haven't played the game and are there for in NO position to judge if the game belongs to the top or not. The only thing made of iron here is your thick skull.. Please get it through that skull of yours.... You haven't played metroid prime, so you don't know if it belongs on the top or not.

And my question remains unanswered, I guess Halo is nothing special then and just some overrated game...

This thread was made only partly because of the elimination thread, and i've wanted to make it for a long time and mever got around to it.

I think i know where your hate from Halo comes.  Your pissed because you think that Metroid Prime should have been in Halo's spot, you think that Halo is undeserving of its spot and feel robbed that it became mega popular and Metroid Prime isn't as popular.  So in short its jelousy and bitterness that Metroid Prime never became the popular mega hit that you think it should have.

Around the Network

Halo = Fun whoever hates it is totally just a fanboy.

yo_john117 said:
Samus Aran said:
ironman said:
Samus Aran said:
Anyway you made this thread because people vote down Halo, but a lot more people vote down on metroid prime just because it's on the top. Including the OP, so don't be such a hypocrite douche bag.

Yeah, they (including myself) were voting it down because it doesn't belong on top, not because they hated the game (unlike you with Halo) so really there is no hipocracy here, after all, the thread title is "Whats with all the hate on Halo" not, "why do people keep voting down Halo"

He said that he made this thread because of the voting down on Halo. Besides what do you know about metroid prime... Nothing, nada, rien, nichts, niets... You haven't played the game and are there for in NO position to judge if the game belongs to the top or not. The only thing made of iron here is your thick skull.. Please get it through that skull of yours.... You haven't played metroid prime, so you don't know if it belongs on the top or not.

And my question remains unanswered, I guess Halo is nothing special then and just some overrated game...

This thread was made only partly because of the elimination thread, and i've wanted to make it for a long time and mever got around to it.

I think i know where your hate from Halo comes.  Your pissed because you think that Metroid Prime should have been in Halo's spot, you think that Halo is undeserving of its spot and feel robbed that it became mega popular and Metroid Prime isn't as popular.  So in short its jelousy and bitterness that Metroid Prime never became the popular mega hit that you think it should have.

That seems presumptuous.  Seems to me he is pissed because you call into question his voting down Halo and talk about how it must be due to bias, and yet you yourself voted down Metroid Prime, a game you have never played.  Seems hypocritical.

Adobo said:
Halo = Fun whoever hates it is totally just a fanboy.

Or they just hate Halo.

uadfa said:
Smashed said:

I hate it.
Don't tell me I've never played it.. When my friend went away months ago, he let me borrow his 360 while he was gone for a few weeks.
He lent me Halo and a few other games, I played Halo 3, and thought it was the most boring crap i've ever played.
It's unrealistic game play was killing me.
It's WAYY overrated.
I don't 'not like it', I hate it.

BTW: 1337 posts!

An obvious fanboy is a obvious fucking fanboy.

Newsflash: Metal Gear Solid Rising is a XBox360 exclusive.

Another thing: I'm a proud supporter of every console.

Nice attack.

But it's multi-platform.

Samus Aran said:
ironman said:
Samus Aran said:

As a side not yes, but that is irrelevant to the thread question. Stay on topic please!

Now, what do I know about Metroid prime? More than you know about Halo...you wanna know why? Because I researched it! Unlike you, I'm not going to vote down a game that I have not researched, nor am I going to vote it down based on fanboy talking points. But...once again, you are straying off topic. oh hey, the only thing made of iron on me is...well nevermind, this is a family forum XD.

What the hell was your question? I'm pretty sure it was already answered...you just didn't like the answer because it doesn't fitr you hateful vitrial.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!