By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats with all the hate on Halo?

uadfa said:
Smashed said:

I hate it.
Don't tell me I've never played it.. When my friend went away months ago, he let me borrow his 360 while he was gone for a few weeks.
He lent me Halo and a few other games, I played Halo 3, and thought it was the most boring crap i've ever played.
It's unrealistic game play was killing me.
It's WAYY overrated.
I don't 'not like it', I hate it.

BTW: 1337 posts!

An obvious fanboy is a obvious fucking fanboy.

Newsflash: Metal Gear Solid Rising is a XBox360 exclusive.

Another thing: I'm a proud supporter of every console.

yes it is

Around the Network
uadfa said:
BladeOfGod said:
uadfa said:
BladeOfGod said:
because its overhyped generic FPS and if it didnt had Microsoft to put 100 million$ into the franchise it wouldnt sell 2 million all games combined

Yeah I know because when Halo CE was released Microsoft were advertising the shit out of it by making Halo sodas, Halo billboards, 100s of Halo TV spots, Viral Halo videos on the internet, and tons of Halo accesories. Thats how Halo became popular. *Rolls eyes*

is that a sarcasam?

No, I'm serious.

Just take a look at this Halo Combat Evolved Soda for example.

Oh, so you're the comedian guy. Anyway

i never said MS put 100$ million in Halo CE, i said in entire franchise. Bungie supposed to develop Halo for Mac (that's right, Mac) but MS paid Bungie to develop Halo for PC and Xbox. So, again if MS didnt paid, Halo would end up on Mac(which controlls about 5% of OS marketshare btw) and it would simpy die.

EDIT:The first Halo game was announced on July 21, 1999, during the Macworld Conference & Expo.[18] It was originally planned to be a real-time strategy game for the Mac and Windows operating systems, but later changed into a third person action game.[18][57][58] On June 19, 2000, Microsoft acquired Bungie Studios and Halo: Combat Evolved became a launch title for the Xbox video game console.[19] After receiving Xbox development kits, Bungie Studios rewrote the game's engine, heavily altered its presentation, and turned it into a first-person shooter. Though the first Halo was meant to include an online multiplayer mode, it was excluded because Xbox Live was not yet available.[59] The success of the game led to a sequel, Halo 2, which was announced on August 8, 2002 at the Microsoft's New York X02 press event.[60] It featured improved graphics, new weapons, and a multiplayer mode on Xbox Live.[61][62] Halo 3 was announced at the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo.[63] The initial conception for the third game was done before Halo 2 was released in 2004.[64] It utilized a proprietary, in-house graphics engine, and employed advanced graphics technologies.[65][66]

_Wikipedia

I love the typical Sony fanboy response of "It sucks, and I know, because I played it at a friends house/borrowed it and a friend's 360/saw my friend play it/played something like it..."

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

uadfa said:
Smashed said:

I hate it.
Don't tell me I've never played it.. When my friend went away months ago, he let me borrow his 360 while he was gone for a few weeks.
He lent me Halo and a few other games, I played Halo 3, and thought it was the most boring crap i've ever played.
It's WAYY overrated.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14276686.html

Please don't make stuff up just to annoy people.

BladeOfGod said:
uadfa said:
BladeOfGod said:
uadfa said:
BladeOfGod said:
because its overhyped generic FPS and if it didnt had Microsoft to put 100 million$ into the franchise it wouldnt sell 2 million all games combined

Yeah I know because when Halo CE was released Microsoft were advertising the shit out of it by making Halo sodas, Halo billboards, 100s of Halo TV spots, Viral Halo videos on the internet, and tons of Halo accesories. Thats how Halo became popular. *Rolls eyes*

is that a sarcasam?

No, I'm serious.

Just take a look at this Halo Combat Evolved Soda for example.

Oh, so you're the comedian guy. Anyway

i never said MS put 100$ million in Halo CE, i said in entire franchise. Bungie supposed to develop Halo for Mac (that's right, Mac) but MS paid Bungie to develop Halo for PC and Xbox. So, again if MS didnt paid, Halo would end up on Mac(which controlls about 5% of OS marketshare btw) and it would simpy die

Uh.... you got some of your facts wrong.

Bungie were planning to make Halo a third-person shooter {It was originally meant to be a RTS} for the Mac AND PC then Microsoft bought Bungie to make it for the Xbox only.

There was a port of Halo for the PC it was released in 2003 and the port was developed by Gearbox software.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
uadfa said:
Smashed said:

I hate it.
It's WAYY overrated.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14276686.html

Please don't make stuff up just to annoy people.

Metal Gear Solid Rising is now multiplatform, I did not know that. Cool

@uadafa know i edited my post. But do you really think Halo would be that succesfull if it wasnt on console?

uadfa said:
Smashed said:

I hate it.
It's WAYY overrated.

The bolded made me LOL

ironman said:
Ah, yes, Halo haters...without Halo who knows where the console FPS would be? Halo was this first one that REALLY worked with a console.

Golden eye?

Perfect Dark?

FootballFan said:
uadfa said:
Smashed said:

I hate it.
It's WAYY overrated.

The bolded made me LOL

There are a lot of godawful consoles in the past that I'm definitely not a supporter of; Jaguar, Philipps CDI, Sega 32X, Virtual Boy, Gizmodo, N-Gage, and of course The Phantom.