By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats with all the hate on Halo?

I don't like Halo at all. I also agree with sguy78 that the first one was the best one. But even back then I did not like Halo to begin with. People are allowed to not have fun and even completely dislike a game based on personal preference. This site is swarming with people that (1) hate Final Fantasy for no reason. (2) Then you have the crowd that pretends they love Final Fantasy but it has just recently gone downhill and that the days they were exclusive to Nintendo were the golden days. (3) Then you have PS3 people that are anti-Final Fantasy because XIII went multiplat. and they believe they have been betrayed. Finally, (4) There is the 360 crowd that still to this day pretends that Final Fantasy ain't shit even though they are getting the best upcoming one on their console.

To me, Halo 3 has been eclipsed and surpassed like 6 times since it was released. Didn't we have this argument before? Anything that has a 10 million user following will have its haters my friend.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
But what's so special about Halo? What does Halo do that no other fps has done?

Is this question to hard to answer that you guys avoid it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzY0RHe1dg

This answers all of your questions.

because its overhyped generic FPS and if it didnt had Microsoft to put 100 million$ into the franchise it wouldnt sell 2 million all games combined

uadfa said:
Samus Aran said:

As ever the info in that video is incorrect.  Vehicles were present in Tribes in 1998, 3 years before Halo, for example.

Halo is very good, but the only element I believe was truly introduced in the game was charging shields (although I'd be willing to be a variant was in something else first).

Halo's design strengh was taking a bunch of gameplay mechanics that had already worked in other FPS and bringing them together in a well balanced way.  It did not really innovate anything from a gameplay mechanic that hadn't aleady been done before.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

BladeOfGod said:
because its overhyped generic FPS and if it didnt had Microsoft to put 100 million$ into the franchise it wouldnt sell 2 million all games combined

Yeah I know because when Halo CE was released Microsoft were advertising the shit out of it by making Halo sodas, Halo billboards, 100s of Halo TV spots, Viral Halo videos on the internet, and tons of Halo accesories. Thats how Halo became popular. *Rolls eyes*

Around the Network

I hate it.
Don't tell me I've never played it.. When my friend went away months ago, he let me borrow his 360 while he was gone for a few weeks.
He lent me Halo and a few other games, I played Halo 3, and thought it was the most boring crap i've ever played.
It's unrealistic game play was killing me.
It's WAYY overrated.
I don't 'not like it', I hate it.

BTW: 1337 posts!

uadfa said:
BladeOfGod said:

Yeah I know because when Halo CE was released Microsoft were advertising the shit out of it by making Halo sodas, Halo billboards, 100s of Halo TV spots, Viral Halo videos on the internet, and tons of Halo accesories. Thats how Halo became popular. *Rolls eyes*

is that a sarcasam?

BladeOfGod said:
uadfa said:
BladeOfGod said:

is that a sarcasam?

No, I'm serious.

Just take a look at this Halo Combat Evolved Soda for example.

Reasonable said:
uadfa said:
Samus Aran said:

As ever the info in that video is incorrect.  Vehicles were present in Tribes in 1998, 3 years before Halo, for example.

Halo is very good, but the only element I believe was truly introduced in the game was charging shields (although I'd be willing to be a variant was in something else first).

Halo's design strengh was taking a bunch of gameplay mechanics that had already worked in other FPS and bringing them together in a well balanced way.  It did not really innovate anything from a gameplay mechanic that hadn't aleady been done before.

The regenerating shield mechanic was very innovative for its time, almost every game after it copied it.

Plus, vehicles were first presented in GoldenEye. There's one level where you get to control a tank. Red Faction also did vehicles before Halo but unlike Halo it was poorly implemented.

Smashed said:

I hate it.
Don't tell me I've never played it.. When my friend went away months ago, he let me borrow his 360 while he was gone for a few weeks.
He lent me Halo and a few other games, I played Halo 3, and thought it was the most boring crap i've ever played.
It's unrealistic game play was killing me.
It's WAYY overrated.
I don't 'not like it', I hate it.

BTW: 1337 posts!

An obvious fanboy is a obvious fucking fanboy.

Newsflash: Metal Gear Solid Rising is a XBox360 exclusive.

Another thing: I'm a proud supporter of every console.