By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats with all the hate on Halo?

@ The OP (ignoring all the posts besides the first)

You're too sensitive it would seem. Very few people hate Halo, they just have no interest in it. You are confusing one for the other.

Around the Network

Quake 3 > Quake 4

Everyone "hates" halo because they love it. Its their secret lover when they aren't trolling the 360.

i dont hate,i just dont understand what all the fuss is about...and yes i have played it.
For me Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare was much better

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

yo_john117 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Pity I can't find the last three books. And I am not really interested in the forerunners trilogy.

They usually have them in stock on Amazon.  And whats the forerunners trilogy?  I've never heard of it.

You know the forerunners right?  The ancient race that lived before humanity and the covenant and created the Halo rings to stop the Flood well they get their own trilogy.

I feel like the Halo franchise sort of represents the "hardcore" game market to the mainstream media. When the type of people in a forum like this one have realized that Halo is just one game and there are sooo many better games out there.
I am tired of telling people that I was playing video games (and they have no clue about anything video game related, and they say; Halo?) and having to clarify that I am not playing Halo.

It is a great franchise, but even still, it is wayyyy overrated imo. Eventually I want to move on from a game that launched with the first xbox. Common, lets let it die.

Plus the frustration builds because the Halo name is whoring itself worse than mario at its current rate. I guess they should milk it before COD completely takes over.

Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Reach

but even with all that, I still like Halo

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

For me, it is a love-hate situation:

Halo 3 is the most competitive game I ever played on console. The ranked playlists are more about true skills than experience (><KZ2, COD and others).

Even if I'm an "old" gamer, I'm still struggling to reach level 30 (Major - the minimum Spartan level to me).... and I believe I might never reach it (still stucked at 26)....

Whem I manage to get a point, I'm very happy and feel like I have achieved something agains't the other players... when I loose a point, I want to break my controller and punch the screen .... very frustrating...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I loved the first one, even the PC version was good!
I didn't enjoy the second one as much and I haven't played the third one yet.
OP: There are zounds of games that people hate in here, seemingly without any good reasons so the very same thread could be made hundreds of times only with minuscule changes to the thread title.

ironman said:
Ah, yes, Halo haters...without Halo who knows where the console FPS would be? Halo was this first one that REALLY worked with a console.

Halo was the first FPS I think to become synonomous with a console, but not the first that worked.  Goldeneye sold loads and was a huge critical hit prior to Halo, and I think could more fairly lay claim to the title of first FPS title that really worked well on a console.

OT anything that is both successful and has rabid fans will also attract hate.  Halo was very good if marred by some level issues and the feeling it was rushed to support Xbox launched.  I felt it played better when it hit PC later (but then I've never played an FPS that didn't play better on a PC).  I think it still has the best SP campaign in Halo although obviously the sequels focused increasingly on MP features.

It's one of those titles that is actually very good and was massively influential but still gets hate.  Go figure.  I guess that fact it is undeniably overhyped now, particularly due to the success of the fanchise, keeps people focused on knocking it.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I don't hate it, i just think that it's the most overated franchise ever. Microsoft knows their marketing....

Do you want japanese voices in FF13 and Versus 13? Write to these guys and tell them: support@square-enix-usa.com

Well i personally really want to try out Halo Wars, i like RTS's and aparently that one works well on a console.

I dont think people hate Halo, i think those who dont like it simply think that the game is overrated because of its massive media hype and ad campaign, but that's just brilliant marketing.