By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Englands defence was non-existant. The breaks Germany made were the kind of breaks a schoolboy could make.

With some adequate defence they wouldn't have had to rely on the forwards to save their arses whislt simultainiously making their job next to impossible.

If the Argies play like they have been I wouldn't be surpised if the Germans lose by the same amount. Germany were lucky they caught England on a very bad day.

England never got started in this tournament. Were was the side that qualified?

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:

A bit too much anger from English fans here imho.

I think it stems from that goal dissalowed and anger at England more than anyone else.

No-one to blame but England.

lestatdark said:
Faxanadu said:

A bit too much anger from English fans here imho.

I would call it a bit of envy. Too many were convinced they'd have an easy time against Germany and all the way until the end of the WC.

On a side note, to that very special person who said there was nothing to fear from Brazil and Portugal: Told you so

Putting words in peoples mouths now. That can also be said for fans of Portugal, Argentina, Brasil etc.

Also we never played the argies or brasilians so maybe we have nothing to fear from them

Lord Flashheart said:

Englands defence was non-existant. The breaks Germany made were the kind of breaks a schoolboy could make.

With some adequate defence they wouldn't have had to rely on the forwards to save their arses whislt simultainiously making their job next to impossible.

If the Argies play like they have been I wouldn't be surpised if the Germans lose by the same amount. Germany were lucky they caught England on a very bad day.

Heard the same thing when Germany beat Argentina in 2006.

A good omen

The goal should have counted... but on the other hand the English team was outplayed the whole match. The better team won.

Around the Network

Great Game... very nice to watch.. the german boys played very well against the english men.. should be a few good years for the german team.. and let's hope that England will get some young talents like germany in the future..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

An incredibly annoying but well-deserved thrashing by Germany

Ah well, there's always Euro 2012.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

NiKKoM said:

Great Game... very nice to watch.. the german boys played very well against the english men.. should be a few good years for the german team.. and let's hope that England will get some young talents like germany in the future..

England has plenty of talent. It just has no strategy or teamwork.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Barozi said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Barozi said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Faxanadu said:

Fantastic game. Really enjoying it.

Obviously, Germany beats England. Like always and like always the English are complaining ;)

To be honest though, the refs made a really bad decision.

Like always?

You need to look up your facts.

Also wasn't the goal in 66 a goal? So what is the dodgy no goal decision revenge for?

Good luck finding evidence for that

Well there's the footage of the goal?

There's the number of computer simulations that proved it was. Good luck finding any that says it wasn't.

1. Footage doesn't show anything

2. http://www.dpma.de/service/galerie/fussballundtechnik/en/spezielles/intelligenterball.html

read the last part

"It is my estimate that it was not quite or entirely a goal. A part of the ball was on the line. But let me add two things. This was, so far, the best 'goal' of the match,"

Sounds like a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__MJV11nRqU

Hmm, looks like one to me.

Barozi said:
Lord Flashheart said:

Heard the same thing when Germany beat Argentina in 2006.

A good omen

That is Football for you. People put too much stock in the past as evidence for the future.

But lord knows I'm not superstitious...

until it comes to sport so it probably is a good omen.