By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Apple asked Microsoft to stop airing Laptop Hunter Ads

HAHAHA! So the only definitions we should follow are legal definitions?
Oh wait, all of those words I just used have no definition
because they don't have a legal minimum.

I am going to follow you around and post responses as dumb as that, if you say that a game has bad graphics, I will respond with
Are there legal graphics minimums for a nice looking game

Actually, I'm not gonna stalk you... Aren't you lucky.

Anyway, if you're removing all size limit for laptops then you have to add in each Ipod touch or Iphone that Apple sells, they are just an even smaller version of a netbook after all

Around the Network
scottie said:
HAHAHA! So the only definitions we should follow are legal definitions?
Oh wait, all of those words I just used have no definition
because they don't have a legal minimum.

I am going to follow you around and post responses as dumb as that, if you say that a game has bad graphics, I will respond with
Are there legal graphics minimums for a nice looking game

Actually, I'm not gonna stalk you... Aren't you lucky.

Anyway, if you're removing all size limit for laptops then you have to add in each Ipod touch or Iphone that Apple sells, they are just an even smaller version of a netbook after all

What? I don't speak nonsense well, but I'll try to respond.

First of all, all of those words have definitions because.... they have definitions.

My point is, a netbook is a small computer, with a built-in monitor, and comes with a OS (Like Windows) and a keyboard. It's a laptop. They are smaller than most, with low specs, but they are certainly laptops. Just like tablets are laptops. You can't proclaim something to be whatever you want because in your own warped mind, you've set parameters that the world must follow. "A SmartCar isn't a car! It's too small! Ha! It's... I dunno, but not a car!" My point is a netbook clearly fulfills the criteria of being a laptop unless a new defintion of laptop arises.

An iPod touch is clearly an MP3 player with many options. But not a fully featured OS with a physical keyboard. Ditto the iPhone. (and no, a keyboard that works on a touchscreen doesn't count) They are tiny and very limited compared to any laptop(including netbooks).

I'm not removing size limits, but clearly you've got some sort of dimensions in your own mind (hardly official) as to what makes a computer a laptop. And as the article quoted clearly shows, industry analysts disagree with you.

Classic. Given the outright attack adds Apple has run for ages, this is just karma.

Also: @scottie- uhhh... what?

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

O-D-C said:
I bet a Mac broke this thread

lol it was me, and yes, it was on a macbook pro. ;) but the macbook pro also fixed the broken thread.

fixed thread is fixed ;)

can someone post the video ad that Apple is bitching about???

What are you looking at, nerd?
Around the Network
StanGable said:
can someone post the video ad that Apple is bitching about???

i think this was the first one in the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=621NMj9_SR4

You can find more by going to google video search and typing in something like "Microsoft Laptop Hunter ads"

I work with Macs and PC.

PC's get the job done for less. Mac was asking for it.

Considering the source of the information, I think the idea this is true is dubious at best.

Apple's shit is over-priced, IMO. I think MS's ads are very affective at showing that to the average Joe.

4 ≈ One

Absolutely, they are overpriced.