By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Apple asked Microsoft to stop airing Laptop Hunter Ads

Bullet100000 said:
Fake I think. Apple has made way too many negative commercials toward M$ to begging for mercy.

some people who dish it out can't take it, who says apple is any different.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
voty2000 said:
^Acer computers are also looking better. They used to be but ugly boxes with no design considerations and now they are shiny and sleek and still cheap.

I hated them a few years ago...but now their laptops, desktops, and monitors....well you just can't compete with them for their price. That's why they are climbing the pile of PC brands. You basically pay more for individual components than you pay for Acer to build it for you.

true I have the acer aspire 6930G. Bought it for 949$ from some site off of pricegrabber. One of the best laptops I've ever seen for the price. Here are the specs.

• CPU: 2.0-GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5800
  • RAM Included: 4GB
  • RAM Upgradable To: 8GB
  • Hard Drive Size: 320GB
  • Hard Drive Speed: 5,400rpm
  • Hard Drive Type: SATA Hard Drive
  • Optical Drive Type: BD-ROM/DVD±RW DL
  • Optical Drive Speed: 4X
  • Display Size (inches): 16
  • Native Resolution: 1366×768
  • Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce: 9600M GS
  • Video Memory: 512MB
  • Wi-Fi: 802.11a/g/n
  • Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.0
  • Operating System: MS Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit)
  • Ports (excluding USB): HDMI;USB/eSATA;VGA
  • USB Ports: 3
  • Card Slot(s): 5-1 card reader;ExpressCard
  • Warranty/Support: One-year limited/24/7 toll-free phone
  • Size: 15.7 x 11.5 x 1.7 inches
  • Weight: 7.2 pounds

Thatmax said:
How come everyone here hates Macs with a passion?

I can't stand using PCs, but I'm not gonna start attacking Microsoft as I know that different people need different things from their computers and different computers have different strengths.

For example I have tried stop motion animation programmes on PCs but none of them hold a candle to iStopmotion for Mac.

I do not hate Macs, but there is a certain type of owner I do.

From my experience there are two kinds of Apple owners, people who do reasearch and buy an Apple product because it meets their needs better then any other product and people who buy them as a social status/fashion item. Again, from my experience the later is 90+ percent of the market. So, if you are one of the people that buys Apple because it offers some unique value that makes it worth the price for you then I respect that and have no problem. It is the other 90 percent that piss me off. When there are people in the world that do not have the basics of food and shelter and you can afford to drop $2k on essentially fashion I think your values are seriously messed up.

Note that my ire is not reserved for people who buy Apple products, I get just as pissed off at the people driving around in giant $40k SUVs with one person in them or who live in houses with twice as many rooms as they need. It is all the same thing, wasting resources on social status that could be saving lives. The worst is so many of these people cry about how tight their budget is or how expensive gas is, grrrrrr.

And don't get me started on people that claim to be to busy to volunteer.

Sorry for the rant, but if you can't tell that struck a nerve :)

Thatmax said:

We're in the microsoft forum. Honestly, most people seem hung up on the expensive hardware (ignoring that apple laptops actually hold a decent resale value) and are ignoring the actual operating system that makes macs a good purchase. I get it, most people here won't buy a mac because it's a ripoff hardware wise and they are savvy enough to know you can get more elsewhere. If Apple was Nintendo people here would be cheerleading them for making such a healty profit on each computer sold. Oh noes, I guess apple isn't allowed to make a decent profit on their hardware.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
Thatmax said:

We're in the microsoft forum. Honestly, most people seem hung up on the expensive hardware (ignoring that apple laptops actually hold a decent resale value) and are ignoring the actual operating system that makes macs a good purchase. I get it, most people here won't buy a mac because it's a ripoff hardware wise and they are savvy enough to know you can get more elsewhere. If Apple was Nintendo people here would be cheerleading them for making such a healty profit on each computer sold. Oh noes, I guess apple isn't allowed to make a decent profit on their hardware.

Nintendo makes a profit on their hardware, but not a killing, and nothing above the other competitors who make money on their hardware (oh wait... there are none). In the PC world, all the other hardware manufacturers make a profit, while Apple tries to make a much larger profit on near identical hardware. I'd only complain about Nintendo making a profit on hardware if someone came out with an equal product and sold it for less, but Nintendo doesn't have a history of overcharging for their products.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Gotta love that 'Blu-Ray!' ad!

selnor said:
Necromunda said:
Squilliam said:
Look for a media encoding advertisement in the future.

Essentially will go like this:

Most expensive Mac Pro vs Mid/high end PC ($1-2k difference or so) but the mid high end PC has a Direct X 11 capable GPU.

Guy told whichever system is faster at making advertisement is the one he can keep.

Cut to guy finished on the PC, Mac still encoding.

You fail, very, very hard at this.

Have you seen what the most expensive Mac Pro can do?

To get a maxed out Mac Pro it would cost you around $14,000.

Specs: Two 2.93 GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xenons, 32GB of 1066MHz DDR3 Ram, 4 1Terabye 7200RPM ATA Harddrives, and 4 NVIDIA GeForce GT120 512MB Graphics cards.

All in all, you could easily get a better PC for the price, but comparing the most expensive Mac Pro to a Mid/High end PC is pretty foolish now when you look at it :P lol

LOL. And for £5000 about $11,000, Ive seen a PC with 4 quad core CPU's (Intel Quad core Extreme QX9650, 4 ghZ air cooled). Yes 4. 32 gb pf 1066Mhz DDR3 Ram and 5 terrabytes of HDD space. Also it ran 2 SLI techs in their which is essentially 4 GPU. The motherboard is amazing. And for lees than the mac you list the PC absolutely picks up the MAc and destroys it using only it's pinky in terms of processing power.

Apple sucks, as does it's pricing. Everyone has PC's and owning a PC makes sharing and gaming easier.

Would you be talking about the latest Alienware PC ?

Their latest laptop alone could outdo a Playstation 3 or a Xbox 360 in gaming. Probably combined.

kiefer23 said:
selnor said:
Necromunda said:
Squilliam said:

LOL. And for £5000 about $11,000, Ive seen a PC with 4 quad core CPU's (Intel Quad core Extreme QX9650, 4 ghZ air cooled). Yes 4. 32 gb pf 1066Mhz DDR3 Ram and 5 terrabytes of HDD space. Also it ran 2 SLI techs in their which is essentially 4 GPU. The motherboard is amazing. And for lees than the mac you list the PC absolutely picks up the MAc and destroys it using only it's pinky in terms of processing power.

Apple sucks, as does it's pricing. Everyone has PC's and owning a PC makes sharing and gaming easier.

Would you be talking about the latest Alienware PC ?

Their latest laptop alone could outdo a Playstation 3 or a Xbox 360 in gaming. Probably combined.

That wouldn't be hard. A PS3 combined with a 360 would try to kill itself.

I'm kind of doubting Apple did exactly as the guy said.

Still, it's funny that Microsoft is firing back at Apple.

Nice. Keep on running those ads Microsoft. Fuck Apple.