By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Apple asked Microsoft to stop airing Laptop Hunter Ads

Apple tried to pick a fight with a giant, MS didn't really do anything until these commercials. Now that MS has fired back, Apple whines. Oh so sad. -_-

(I feel my signature is appropriate)

Around the Network

It is predictable.
Apple wouldn't be here today if they didn't first beg Microsoft to bail them out many years ago. I wonder why they think they can just get kickbacks from MS whenever trouble appears.

It's a shame that Apple wont release their OS so you don't need a Mac to use it, but then that would waste the huge markup on their hardware.

Well... I guess there's always the hackintosh option?

I had no idea apple lowered any prices.

seriously though I think apple worshippers talk about them so much because they have to justify overpaying. It's sort of how everyone leaves a car dealer thinking they got a good deal on their car, yet everyone else always thinks you got taken. And you try to find ways to justify the deal, (I needed something that could tow, 4WD, was this big, this new, this reliable, etc...)

nordlead said:
ameratsu said:
Thatmax said:
How come everyone here hates Macs with a passion?

We're in the microsoft forum. Honestly, most people seem hung up on the expensive hardware (ignoring that apple laptops actually hold a decent resale value) and are ignoring the actual operating system that makes macs a good purchase. I get it, most people here won't buy a mac because it's a ripoff hardware wise and they are savvy enough to know you can get more elsewhere. If Apple was Nintendo people here would be cheerleading them for making such a healty profit on each computer sold. Oh noes, I guess apple isn't allowed to make a decent profit on their hardware.

Nintendo makes a profit on their hardware, but not a killing, and nothing above the other competitors who make money on their hardware (oh wait... there are none). In the PC world, all the other hardware manufacturers make a profit, while Apple tries to make a much larger profit on near identical hardware. I'd only complain about Nintendo making a profit on hardware if someone came out with an equal product and sold it for less, but Nintendo doesn't have a history of overcharging for their products.

I'd say $250 for a Wii is in the same league as what Apple is charging for a lot of their computers, but obviously I'm in the minority on that one as there are millions of people who think a Wii is well worth $250. The thing is, even if the hardware is indentical, no other computer runs mac osx out of the box, so it's not an equal product unless you have the tech savvy to install osx on your non-apple computer.

Just like people think a Wii is worth the asking price even though they make a large profit, an apple computer is worth the asking price for a lot of people because of osx. If you are somewhat computer literate though I'd do the osx86 thing, though with that you sacrifice ease of use having to do the initial install which can be a pain.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

I don't know where people get the idea that OSX is the best when Ubutnu is clearly superior :P

Hard to say if its the ads or just the economy killing apple's sales. $500 to $1000 is a big diff for people in hard times.

Haha Apple are getting a little scared.

Anyway Apple iMacs and Mackbooks are the best computers and laptops that you will find (even though they are pricey)

I wish Microsoft would develop ideas that my brother had for PC advertisements...

Business Guy
Hi, I'm a PC.

HipsterAnd I'm a pretentious asshole.

Bullet100000 said:
Fake I think. Apple has made way too many negative commercials toward M$ to begging for mercy.

This is true. If I was Turner I'd be like "Hi, I'm a PC and you can go to hell."