By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Apple asked Microsoft to stop airing Laptop Hunter Ads

LOL, Apple has a monopoly on their OS!!!!! Damn them to hell for it!!!
Ok, on a more serious note, it's good to See MS firing back, maybe now Apple will lower their prices! They have always been over priced and over hyped IMO. That being said, they are the best computers for recording studio because of the way the OS runs (although a computer with Ubuntu Studio on it a fire pod, and a professional mic or two come very close.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
Alasted said:

I wish Microsoft would develop ideas that my brother had for PC advertisements...

Business Guy
Hi, I'm a PC.

HipsterAnd I'm a pretentious asshole.

How is this not trolling? Come on man lighten up. How can you hate a computer company so much to think that all the users are pretentious assholes?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I am a big fan of apple computers/iphone but good for Microsoft on this. Apple computers are a lot more expensive then they should be

hmm. lesse if it was my post that broke the thread. fixing.

Ironically one of the ads is where a kid and his mom pick a Sony laptop and yell out Blu-Ray.

Around the Network

Ok...who broke the thread????

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ameratsu said:
nordlead said:
ameratsu said:
Thatmax said:
How come everyone here hates Macs with a passion?

We're in the microsoft forum. Honestly, most people seem hung up on the expensive hardware (ignoring that apple laptops actually hold a decent resale value) and are ignoring the actual operating system that makes macs a good purchase. I get it, most people here won't buy a mac because it's a ripoff hardware wise and they are savvy enough to know you can get more elsewhere. If Apple was Nintendo people here would be cheerleading them for making such a healty profit on each computer sold. Oh noes, I guess apple isn't allowed to make a decent profit on their hardware.

Nintendo makes a profit on their hardware, but not a killing, and nothing above the other competitors who make money on their hardware (oh wait... there are none). In the PC world, all the other hardware manufacturers make a profit, while Apple tries to make a much larger profit on near identical hardware. I'd only complain about Nintendo making a profit on hardware if someone came out with an equal product and sold it for less, but Nintendo doesn't have a history of overcharging for their products.

I'd say $250 for a Wii is in the same league as what Apple is charging for a lot of their computers (too much), but obviously I'm in the minority on that one as there are millions of people who think a Wii is well worth $250. The thing is, even if the hardware is indentical, no other computer runs mac osx out of the box, so it's not an equal product unless you have the tech savvy to install osx on your non-apple computer.

Just like people think a Wii is worth the asking price even though they make a large profit, an apple computer is worth the asking price for a lot of people because of osx. If you are somewhat computer literate though I'd do the osx86 thing and get the best of both worlds (cheap upgradable hardware + best operating system).

I'd say that Nintendo pricing makes Apple look like non-profit charity organisations.

If gamecube was profitable few years ago at 100$ price and considering manufacturing cost are at least 2-3 times lower than at that time just think how much they do on a single Wii with 250$ price tag.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Because it was unlikely that the GC was profitable at $99.

People have gawked at the financial records but unless they said so explicitly I don't buy it.

Tease.

Alasted said:

I wish Microsoft would develop ideas that my brother had for PC advertisements...

Business Guy
Hi, I'm a PC.

HipsterAnd I'm a pretentious asshole.

I HATE hipsters.

Wow, broken thread is broken...

Now, I have a few points, so dot point

* I doubt that quote is an accurate representation of what 'Apple' said
* Apple is a company and cannot talk, they do not name the person who actually did the talking
* If it was actually true and comes from an apple exec, it is a pretty dumb thing to do

* The below quote needs to be ridiculed
Leapfrogging Apple to take the No. 4 spot is Toshiba, now estimated to be shipping 7.7-percent of all laptops in the US, thanks to system such as the Mini NB205 Netbook.

* The below quote is slightly less ridiculous
Leapfrogging Apple to take the No. 4 spot is durex, now estimated to be shipping 7.7-percent of all laptops in the US, thanks to their high shipment of condoms

* If you couldn't follow that. A netbook is not a laptop. Genius