By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Apple asked Microsoft to stop airing Laptop Hunter Ads

Hey scottie, it came from the lawyers.

Tease.

Around the Network

cheers squilliam, but I would want more detail before reacting.

Presumably it was a single lawyer, not all the lawyers that
Apple employs. I would be curious as to who told the
lawyer to make the phone call

Obviously I can't answer those questions, but I would say that its a move which was sanctioned by Apple so the response is coming from them even if the mouthpiece is their legal arm. Who authorised it? Probably someone high up in Apple themselves. Though what I don't get is why the legal department didn't corespond with their Microsoft counterparts directly.

Tease.

haaha take that apple!

O-D-C The report button is hidden by the broken thread. Regardless, surely by 6000 posts you would have learnt the forum rules?

For shame

Around the Network

I bet a Mac broke this thread

I'm going to try an experiment one day,
next time I see a broken thread I'll announce

"I bet someone using the PS3/Wii/DS/PSP
(depending on what is being discussed) browser broke this thread"
Lets see if I get banned

This iZ rich if true. LOL I always knew apple products were just all hype @ premium, now the ads make it more apparent. Apple flung more shit than an irate chimp @ Microsoft in that "I'm a Mac-I'm a PC" ad campaign. Now that it has hit the fan they're crying out for air? LOL

Priceless

Thatmax said:
How come everyone here hates Macs with a passion?

I can't stand using PCs, but I'm not gonna start attacking Microsoft as I know that different people need different things from their computers and different computers have different strengths.

For example I have tried stop motion animation programmes on PCs but none of them hold a candle to iStopmotion for Mac.

Why do we hate Macs? Because they worked very hard to make themselves hated.

Everyone knows the "I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC" adds. But if you can believe it, the adds prior were even more annoying.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/07/12/

Remember those adds? People that stood around with a white background, explained how cool they were, and that they used a Mac.

So we're quite glad that Microsoft fires back with adds that basically say "Hi, I'm Jim. I'm a normal guy and don't want to waste money on an overpriced computer. Looks like Macs are out."

scottie said:
Wow, broken thread is broken...

Now, I have a few points, so dot point

* I doubt that quote is an accurate representation of what 'Apple' said
* Apple is a company and cannot talk, they do not name the person who actually did the talking
* If it was actually true and comes from an apple exec, it is a pretty dumb thing to do

* The below quote needs to be ridiculed
Leapfrogging Apple to take the No. 4 spot is Toshiba, now estimated to be shipping 7.7-percent of all laptops in the US, thanks to system such as the Mini NB205 Netbook.

* The below quote is slightly less ridiculous
Leapfrogging Apple to take the No. 4 spot is durex, now estimated to be shipping 7.7-percent of all laptops in the US, thanks to their high shipment of condoms

* If you couldn't follow that. A netbook is not a laptop. Genius

Since when? are there legal size minimums for laptops?