By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long does it take to beat this game?

Samus Aran said:
Zelda has no level system, no turn based crap, etc
I fail to see how it's an rpg. I can't even see the rpg elements, but that's because I stay far away from rpg games.

Well you do gain hearts and magic throughout the game, but that's about the only RPG element.

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
Samus Aran said:
Zelda has no level system, no turn based crap, etc
I fail to see how it's an rpg. I can't even see the rpg elements, but that's because I stay far away from rpg games.

Well you do gain hearts and magic throughout the game, but that's about the only RPG element.

Well in Zelda II you got experience points and each time you leveled up you got to chose to increase your attack, health or magic.  That's about as close to an RPG that Zelda has gotten to over the years.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Ted: Lol, metroid has rpg elements as well then. Don't a lot of games have some upgrades to the character as you advance through the story? Do we really need to call this an rpg element?

Some more for the list...

Super Mario RPG- 25h
Banjo Kazooie- 7-8h to final boss, 10h for 100% completion.
Banjo Tooie- 10h to reach final boss, 15h for 100% completion.
Banjo Kazooie: N&B- 15h to final boss, 30 for 100% completion.
Perfect Dark- 6-8h main campaign

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

TWRoO said:
16 hours for Majora's Mask?... that must have been the bare minimum story completion Okey... unless you are talking about your fastest times rather than an average (I would deem an average as whatever it takes you the first time through)

You're right. I have no idea where 16 came from. I must have been thinking of MGS4 as the first game I was going to list.

I just re-added up all my times on the Wii messageboard: 34 hours O_o

Around the Network

OMG FAKING great thread Gil!

Though i clocked in @ 80 Hours + on Valkyria Chronicles, so... >_>

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
OMG FAKING great thread Gil!

Though i clocked in @ 80 Hours + on Valkyria Chronicles, so... >_>

But that's not the time for a normal playthrough isn't it ? ;)

I wish RPG's were never less than 45 hours... but that's just me.

4 ≈ One

What the hell! Are you guys slow or something! I was talking about Kingdom Hearts 2 in the previous sentence! The next sentence was DIRECTLY related to it! KH2 should ALWAYS be when played DIRECTLY through without side-quests or anything under 45 hours!

God! There must be some sort of heavenly limit for the insane amount of misconstruing.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

@dtewi

Another insult out of you and you're getting reported. Any one has the right to play the game as they see fit, just because you feel that KH2 is meant to be played that way, doesn't mean that anyone who plays differently can't do so.
I can see that due to your age, you must haven't had the opportunity to play some of the more older RPG's out there, but if you ever have a chance to do so, then it will quite change your view on RPG gaming.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"