By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why don't we see more N64 ports on the DS?

theRepublic said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"I think its probably laziness over anything."

No. Porting even to 5th gen systems is not that easy. For one thing, the DS uses fixed point math, while most consoles and systems use fixed point. That means the entire calculation system would have to be rewritten.

You said fixed point for both.  I'm guessing you meant one or the other uses floating point.  Which one?

Oops, typo. Floating point for the other systems.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

DS would be the perfect place to put Goldeneye. The neutral place between Microsoft and Nintendo.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I would like to see Mystical Ninja, and maybe Hybrid Heaven ported to DS..  heh.. maybe their sequels for Wii

Mr Khan said:

DS would be the perfect place to put Goldeneye. The neutral place between Microsoft and Nintendo.

Oh man, that would be awesome!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I would like to see Perfect Dark DS, but with Microsoft beginning to take Nintendo seriously, I doubt there is even a remote chance.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Virtual Console. That's likely the reason more than anything.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:

Makes sense. Gives people a reason to buy both Wii and DS. Much easier to make emulators than to rewrite code. This could be it.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Makes sense. Gives people a reason to buy both Wii and DS. Much easier to make emulators than to rewrite code. This could be it.

Now PS1 games, those should get more ports. Hopefully there is a 512MB DS card upcoming. I don't know if there is, but with the compression on the DS already, if such a card could come, even the FF games could fit on the DS.

LordTheNightKnight said:
KungKras said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Now PS1 games, those should get more ports. Hopefully there is a 512MB DS card upcoming. I don't know if there is, but with the compression on the DS already, if such a card could come, even the FF games could fit on the DS.

Since there are SD cards that can hold much more, it is very likey that cards for DS could be 512MB

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
KungKras said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Since there are SD cards that can hold much more, it is very likey that cards for DS could be 512MB

They're like SD cards, but not quite. If Nintendo is making any, they likely needs to make sure these aren't too costly before releasing them.