By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like MMORPG?

I don't, those games needs dedication,much,much dedication just to be strong. You just go getting stronger and stronger and getting better equips just, to go to another dungeon and get even stronger. I just don't see sense in getting stronger just to get stronger and show to others.

Around the Network

Yes, ill be dedicated when Aion: The Tower of Eternity comes out.
MMORPGs are meant to be enjoyed with others.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Aion said:
Yes, ill be dedicated when Aion: The Tower of Eternity comes out.
MMORPGs are meant to be enjoyed with others.

Maybe that's why I don't like them, I am a more traditional gamer - meaning my gaming experience is Solo (I buy games for the Single Player). THis is the reason I left gaming for a whole gen (last gen) when competitive and more multiplayer oriented games became the norm. Now I have my Wii which is amazing to play Single Player (and multiplayer with actual other human beings in the same room playing the same system which I don't mind so much because I only let people I really like in my home)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

I have never played one that I stuck with, they get boring, fast.
There aren't really any good MMORPG's for soloing and playing with other means that you'll either have to go all hardcore with one group or guild and spend way too much time for my tastes or join up with random people or groups who may very well turn out to be utterly useless.

So, for me, its like this in WoW for instance;

1: Solo and get my ass handed to me and take forever leveling up (I nearly reached level 50 with a Pally with basically soloing, took me over three weeks) in addition to being forced to pick a solo friendly class.

2: Join the hardcore crowd and spend up to 10 hours on raids and get drowned in responsibility and requests.

3: Join random raffle and tossers when you need to and get raped on a daily basis because they're stupid and/or useless.

Not to mention you have to spend hundreds of hours getting decent gear to make a decent character.

Until MMO's actually get fun and approachable I'll say no thanks!

Mummelmann said:
There aren't really any good MMORPG's for soloing and playing with other means that you'll either have to go all hardcore with one group or guild and spend way too much time for my tastes or join up with random people or groups who may very well turn out to be utterly useless.

1: Solo and get my ass handed to me and take forever leveling up (I nearly reached level 50 with a Pally with basically soloing, took me over three weeks) in addition to being forced to pick a solo friendly class.

2: Join the hardcore crowd and spend up to 10 hours on raids and get drowned in responsibility and requests.

3: Join random raffle and tossers when you need to and get raped on a daily basis because they're stupid and/or useless.

Not to mention you have to spend hundreds of hours getting decent gear to make a decent character.

Me to i play alone in MMORPG's.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA, you think three weeks is a long time to get even near max level.  Try FFXI.  :-p

If you started the game from scratch and tried to solo your way to even 50 it would take you much longer than three weeks.  Hell, it would take you *much* longer than three weeks even if you didn't solo.

Not at all.

twesterm said:
Mummelmann said:

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA, you think three weeks is a long time to get even near max level.  Try FFXI.  :-p

If you started the game from scratch and tried to solo your way to even 50 it would take you much longer than three weeks.  Hell, it would take you *much* longer than three weeks even if you didn't solo.

I've heard the stories!

twesterm said:
Mummelmann said:

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA, you think three weeks is a long time to get even near max level. Try FFXI. :-p

If you started the game from scratch and tried to solo your way to even 50 it would take you much longer than three weeks. Hell, it would take you *much* longer than three weeks even if you didn't solo.

Try runescape, it takes years to get maxed out and it will cost 300-400 mill to even achieve it. And yes that's a lot of money when you know you can only make up to 500k cash an hour unless you get lucky with some boss monster drops(Like I always had XD)

I've played runescape for like 4 years(quitted now) and I'm 120 combat(max is 138), but I never no lifed on the game like a lot of people did though, but I still played almost every day for 2-5 hour unless it was school then 1-2 hours. 120 combat is considered high level though because the only combat skills that weren't almost maxed out were prayer and summoning because they cost a lot and I refuse to sell my party hat just to train a stupid skill which is useless after level 70(prayer and 70 is not even 9% of being maxed in that level).

I hate MMO's because they generally make you sit there and repeat the same thing for hours just to level up. Not that fun IMO.