By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Slim PS3 SPOTTED??!

Thats what he hopes.

Around the Network

I hope it's $299

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

leo-j said:
@slimebest

How do you know its $349

A Slim PS3 at $299 right from the start is un-Sonyish. It's very powerful. But then the heavy first price drop was also very dramatic and unusual for Sony (going down to $399).

And yeah, I kinda hope it's $349 or else it will kill Xbox 360 lol.

Kinda strange, I've been a firm believer in a $299 PS3 for the whole year (way before Sony announced their 13 million shipment target for the Fiscal year), but now seeing the actual console...

I mean, a Slim and a $100 price cut? That's heavy! Holidays 2009 belong to Sony if this is true.
Therefore it just sounds a bit unreal all of a sudden, if u understand what I mean.

Not me, I want to get one, the cheaper the price, the better for me !!! I really don't care if it "trashes" the 360, the 360 will still be a popular console. Also, I really don't think a price cut of any kind will significantly alter the lead the 360 has because MS is doing a re release of their own with NATAL.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Around the Network

I wonder if that gloss is really that expensive. And they took out the motion detecting buttons etc. I wonder how much that'll save... Hmmm

Yes, the gloss is really expensive, the mold for it could cost hundreds of thousands if not a little over a million dollars to make, then the rejection rate for the plastic parts are also higher because gloss shows blemishes very well, whereas matte will hide smaller imperfections.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Other than the change from gloss/piano black to that grainy matte finish, the Slim model looks good. A lot nicer than PS3 regular.

Sony just recently responded saying they dont comment on rumors and speculation, so yes its likely real

mM

The hell??? Is this the same?? www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/07/14/slim-ps3-video-emerges/