By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Slim PS3 SPOTTED??!

I think this looks so fake. The way they have positioned the logo just looks cheap.

Around the Network
Naraku_Diabolos said:
rafichamp said:
This picture is real, how could this have been photoshoped, they did remove a lot of things but it still looks nice and hopefully $299.99

Yes, but the fable PS3 Slim will probably have no affect on the PlayStation franchise. Why? This generation is already set in stone. People may or may not seem interested in a Slim (the general consumer, not fans of the PS family franchise) because they already own other consoles and their games, or they are on tight budgets.

it will cut dramatically 360 lead, even if 360 can cut price they can't slim it enough to  counter japan huge interest of the console will generate.

especially since FF13 will release in japan this year and GT5 if not this year, early 2010 thats 6 months away.

both japan and europe boost will be huge, especially for the holidays, usa will have one but probably not as big until god of war 3 drops in.

sony its setting to have awesome Q3-Q4 2009 worldwide and even better Q1-Q2 2010.

kowenicki said:
@snyperdud

I think it looks cheap. That matt black plastic looks like it will make a nasty cheap sound if i tap it.... more ford dashboard than bmw dashboard.... know what i mean?

Have you been in one of the new Mondeos? I think you do a disservice, try Ford Cortina and you might have it on the money.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Xoj said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:
rafichamp said:
This picture is real, how could this have been photoshoped, they did remove a lot of things but it still looks nice and hopefully $299.99

Yes, but the fable PS3 Slim will probably have no affect on the PlayStation franchise. Why? This generation is already set in stone. People may or may not seem interested in a Slim (the general consumer, not fans of the PS family franchise) because they already own other consoles and their games, or they are on tight budgets.

it will cut dramatically 360 lead, even if 360 can cut price they can't slim it enough to  counter japan huge interest of the console will generate.

especially since FF13 will release in japan this year and GT5 if not this year, early 2010 thats 6 months away.

both japan and europe boost will be huge, especially for the holidays, usa will have one but probably not as big until god of war 3 drops in.

sony its setting to have awesome Q3-Q4 2009 worldwide and even better Q1-Q2 2010.

You will have to excuse me as I park this in the wait and see bracket, I have yet to see anything positively predicted for the PS3 actually coming true. If we talk about sliding scales Worst case and Best case it is has yet to master best case.

I think the biggest problem has been an almost belief in the "Right" of the PS3 to succeed. This seems to come at the expense of reality. Lets wait and see what the competition do before we go writting off another Xmas to Sony.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
welshbloke said:
Xoj said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:
rafichamp said:

You will have to excuse me as I park this in the wait and see bracket, I have yet to see anything positively predicted for the PS3 actually coming true. If we talk about sliding scales Worst case and Best case it is has yet to master best case.

I think the biggest problem has been an almost belief in the "Right" of the PS3 to succeed. This seems to come at the expense of reality. Lets wait and see what the competition do before we go writting off another Xmas to Sony.

that's a best case of, it pretty clear sony sales won't affect nintendo sales since games don't overlap as much as microsoft 360

but  as free online (with soon rumored  crossgame voice chat), blu ray and more reliable hardware and 90% third party games ps3 offer more bang for the box than 360's cheaper console.

a 299$ slim and those game ps3 should be able to cut at least 3 million by march 31 2010.

worse case it's those games are not released in the time frame sony doesn't cut the price and only introduce the slim, but still think they will stand well against a much cheaper 360.

especially in europe and japan with bigs game coming abit later. (at least 3 months difference) from what i'm expecting.

god of war 3 its blood inked for march 2010. to begin sony 2010 with a bang =).

Around the Network

I don't know if this has been posted yet. But the PS3Slim is in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBn3_5IbGE&feature=channel_page

Zezlar said:
I don't know if this has been posted yet. But the PS3Slim is in this video.

Yea, I think this is the third time :P

Oh well, more people can see it without having to search the current backlog of posts.

Yeah am watching Law and Order SVU + Playin Eternal Sonata, so I didn't have the time. :P

Uhhh... yet we've not received a single official announcement...

I'll still take the wait and see approach... and just for the record... if real, I think the Phat looks nicer.

4 ≈ One

ive just got some lowdown on the ps3 slim. ive made enquiries for you all.

• it has external psu power brick
  • all touch buttons have gone, they are now normal push types
  • hd reader and wifi conection lights are now gone.
  • no revolving PS sign
  • comes with a matte finish as apposed to shiney
  • comes in 2 colours matte black, and matte grey/silver
  • comes in 2 price ranges
  • 120gig + wifi + backwards compat $399  £299 and...........
  • 80gig without wifi and no backwards compat $299  and £249

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...