By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Slim PS3 SPOTTED??!

Or maybe its just a cheap rip off of the PS3 like the Vii for Wii. It's the Philippines you know.

Around the Network

It looks cheap and terrible. I prefer the original, sexy black beast PS3.

Well, maybe the PS3 slim is already beeing manufactured and this store put it on sale before official realese. Wouldn't be the first time I saw things like that. Or maybe even sony decided to put it first in small market like Philippine just to test how the sales behave. Anyway, it's better the n4g buy it and test, they have money, they can do this.

If there was one spotted in the Philippines there must be a ton in Indonesia.... at less than half the price.

I don't know, I'd be wary of anything coming from the Phillipines.

Around the Network

The slim actually looks pretty nice. But considering its the Philippines and an underground market its probably fake.

kowenicki said:
@snyperdud

I think it looks cheap. That matt black plastic looks like it will make a nasty cheap sound if i tap it.... more ford dashboard than bmw dashboard.... know what i mean?

Yeah, I know what you mean, it looks very cheaply built. But, the design of it I like.

IllegalPaladin said:

Maybe it's just the shell with nothing in it? Or perhaps just a real knockoff?

Here's the image from the OP,

And here is a supposedly leaked PS3 slim image,

Notice the loading tray at the bottom. There's a bit of a lip on the picture from the first post. The "leaked" picture with the Chinese print has no bottom lip on the loading tray.

Why does one of them say sony and the other doesn't

mM

Naraku - There is no lip in either of the pictures.