By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is New Super Mario Bros. Wii Nintendo’s reaction to Sony’s LittleBigPlanet?

noname2200 said:
vaio said:
No no joke this guy is as serious as they come.

I...rather doubt that.

Honestly, I think it's just a (brilliant!) satirical site. I'm kind of looking forward to the next entry. Thanks for the link!

more like a delusional fanboy that aspires to be a journalist would be my guess

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network
puffy said:
I love the internet

I really hope there isn't somebody that reads this and agrees.. I'll come back later to check :P

And said somebody that agrees just happens to be the post after yours. lol

Yeah, a Super Mario game is ripping off a 2008 game 20 plus years after it defined platformers. Also, Nintendo is in the driver's seat right now, not Sony.

everyone is saying its a joke? I'm falling behind

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

vaio said:
noname2200 said:
vaio said:

I...rather doubt that.

Honestly, I think it's just a (brilliant!) satirical site. I'm kind of looking forward to the next entry. Thanks for the link!

I really don't think so. It's too facetious, almost self-mocking, to be honest. Leaving aside the part about Animal Crossing in this one, look at the part in the review-of-a-review I linked to. Around the middle, when he quotes a particularly stupid portion of Gamepro's review of The Conduit, he "defends" the review by going on a random tangent about how his girlfriend left because he never paid attention or something (he's not sure because he was watching football at the time. Score was 21-17 Chiefs).

That's too much of a non-sequitir for me to not suspect that it's intended as a gag.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
vaio said:
noname2200 said:
vaio said:

I...rather doubt that.

I really don't think so. It's too facetious, almost self-mocking, to be honest. Leaving aside the part about Animal Crossing in this one, look at the part in the review-of-a-review I linked to. Around the middle, when he quotes a particularly stupid portion of Gamepro's review of The Conduit, he "defends" the review by going on a random tangent about how his girlfriend left because he never paid attention or something (he's not sure because he was watching football at the time. Score was 21-17 Chiefs).

That's too much of a non-sequitir for me to not suspect that it's intended as a gag.

You might be right but I have a feeling this guy is for reals and not for lulz.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

this article oozes fail.

Actually, The reason for New Super Mario Brothers Wii is mainly aimed to keep the japanese sales up. Super Mario Galaxy didn't perform there as well as in NA and Europe and they lack big titles for the holliday season in Japan.

New Super Mario Brothers sold like crazy all over Japan on the DS. so Nintendo is just translating the formula to the wii in an all new game.

oh an there was a platform game on the Wii before Little big planet

noname2200 said:
vaio said:

I...rather doubt that.

Perhaps he's the Sacha Baron Cohen of gaming journalism.

I love how on the internet, unless you are familiar with the author, well written satire is indistinguishable from really retarded posts.

I honestly have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER of if this is hilarious satire or among the more retarded things I've seen in a while.