By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is New Super Mario Bros. Wii Nintendo’s reaction to Sony’s LittleBigPlanet?

I see Rol has a admirer...

Former something....

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Sony laid the groundwork for a 2D platformer to succeed on a home console and Nintendo is jumping on the bandwagon.
Somebody get me the GIF of Orson Welles clapping right now.

I'll do one better

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I love the internet

I really hope there isn't somebody that reads this and agrees.. I'll come back later to check :P

Definitely. Because they're SO similar.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network

OK I just read it, this has to be a joke....

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

No no joke this guy is as serious as they come.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

It seems pretty clear but. The only flaw i can find in the whole article in the OP, is why Nintendo would copy a game that sold heaps less than it's own franchises. I can't figure it out.

p.s. I just checked out the website, it's awesome, really well laid out and heaps of interesting articles.

From the same dude:

Why did the Nintendo Wii sell so well?

Before this generation started, the general consensus among analysts was that the PlayStation 3 would win and the Wii (a.k.a. Revolution) would end up in dead last place and possibly be Nintendo’s last home console. Now three and a half years in (counting from the 360’s launch), things are very different. The Wii sits at the top, the 360 is doing pretty good and the PS3 is falling further behind each week.

How could the analysts be so wrong and what is the reason why Wii won? It’s doubtful that Nintendo’s first party games are responsible for the success. After all the Nintendo 64 and the Gamecube pretty much had all the same games (Mario, Zelda, etc.) and these two consoles were failures. The Wii does have a motion controller though and that could be the reason why it’s doing so well. But the PS2 didn’t have one, so now we should probably examine why Sony’s second console became the market leader.

The PS2 dominated because it had blockbuster franchises like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto. But wait. All those games are already or are going to be on the PS3, the same holds true for Sony’s own games like Gran Turismo. Yet the PS Tripple is losing. That means the PS2 didn’t win because of those games. It must be something else, something that’s usually overlooked because it seems to be so insignificant.

What do the Wii and PS2 have in common? What’s the first thing that comes to mind? A huge amount of terrible games, in other words shovelware. I know, this does sound a little bit silly at first. But when you think about it, it’s the best explanation and it also applies to previous dominating systems like the PS1.

To take this one step further, I think we can all agree that the Wii has one of the worst software libraries in history. Yet it’s the fastest selling video game system ever. This supports my thesis that sucky games sell consoles. If you apply this theory to the PS3 you’ll understand why it is stuck in last place. Its library is too great for its own good.

It also explains why the 360 started to outsell the PS3 in the latter half of 2008. Many people assumed it was because of the price cut, but the real reason is that Microsoft bombarded their console with shovelware from their own studios, mainly You’re in the Movies and Lips.

Bottom line: The worse the games are overall, the better a system sells. I hope you feel enlightened now.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new Malstrom. Insightful, thorough, and most of all indisputably right!

vaio said:
No no joke this guy is as serious as they come.

I...rather doubt that.

Honestly, I think it's just a (brilliant!) satirical site. I'm kind of looking forward to the next entry. Thanks for the link!