By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN on Struggle Street

Just because PSN is not doing as good as XBL, doesnt mean its on struggle street. Last time i checked PSN was very profitable for Sony. PSN made more than 170 million$ profit for Sony, and sony made more than 1 million on downloadable costumes in Home

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
Barozi said:
Steroid said:
Lol notice how the fail article fails to mention how many of those XBL accounts are gold? Likely because it's not a number to brag about. PSN bigger and better then XBL confirmed.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/33338/56-of-Xbox-Live-members-pay-Gold-subscription

=> 11.2 million gold members.

=> $575.000.000 into Microsoft's pockets this year ONLY.

I dont get your maths.... all the 360 fanboys hoot and holler that you can get a live card for 30 dollars with 13 months... you are saying its over 4 dollars a month... you wouldnt be contradicting your fellow console owners would you? I consider what you just did just as bad as the Ps3 fans saying 360 is half the price of the 360.... which all the 360 fans hoot and holler about being unfair too.

Those are special deals. I was using the official price of $49.99, which is also mentioned in the link.

Barozi said:
JEDE3 said:
Barozi said:
Steroid said:
Lol notice how the fail article fails to mention how many of those XBL accounts are gold? Likely because it's not a number to brag about. PSN bigger and better then XBL confirmed.

I dont get your maths.... all the 360 fanboys hoot and holler that you can get a live card for 30 dollars with 13 months... you are saying its over 4 dollars a month... you wouldnt be contradicting your fellow console owners would you? I consider what you just did just as bad as the Ps3 fans saying 360 is half the price of the 360.... which all the 360 fans hoot and holler about being unfair too.

Those are special deals. I was using the official price of $49.99, which is also mentioned in the link.

I would define special deals as a one time offer. I've been reassured time and time again these deals are easily accessible and easy to find. Also, isn't the price of the 360 official that the ps3 fans use?

The PSN DLC situation should improve as PSN cards continue to s-l-o-w-l-y spread around the globe. I had my PS3 for about 18 months before I finally got a gift-card to work on PSN. Ironically, 3 days later, I saw PSN cards at 7-11 and bought a $50 card.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

JEDE3 said:
Barozi said:
JEDE3 said:
Barozi said:
Steroid said:

I would define special deals as a one time offer. I've been reassured time and time again these deals are easily accessible and easy to find. Also, isn't the price of the 360 official that the ps3 fans use?

It is true that some stores have kinda unlimited deals for extra cheap gold subscriptions. However I think it's valid to say that you can get gold for a much cheaper price as long as you're really willing to get such a deal. It's not that hard afterall.

But when it comes to the global market those deals never in hell represent over 15% of all subscriptions, so they're almost meaningless to Microsoft.

Now even if 25% of all gold subscriber would've bought a membership for $30 and the rest for $50 (which would be an exreme scenario IMO), it would still mean that Microsoft will earn over $500.000.000 this year.

Around the Network

maybe if Sony launch PSN cards in Europe (the place where half of PS3 userbase is) thy would would start making profit 10x times bigger

well that considering that 360 have a year more.

in the end ps3 will may not be that far.
considering ps1 games have bumped DLC alot.

KylieDog said:
Maybe they should release PSN cards to the PS3s biggest market.

Seriously, someone at SCEE needs be fired.

About half of the someones at SCE(x) need to be fired.

No its not in struggle, its just that XBL is more popular.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

deadt0m said:
KylieDog said:
Maybe they should release PSN cards to the PS3s biggest market.

Seriously, someone at SCEE needs be fired.

About half of the someones at SCE(x) need to be fired.

THIS.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E