By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN on Struggle Street

isn't sony adding psp and pc accounts there too?

Around the Network
waron said:
isn't sony adding psp and pc accounts there too?

Yes, and I feel like we (not necessarily you waron) have this discussion once a month or so.

Sony is likely to buffing their numbers, as Microsoft is also likely to buffing up their numbers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

God bless Struggle Street, viva Struggle Street, long live Struggle Street.
C'est magnifique, Struggle Street. Magnifique, Struggle Street.

drpunk you plonker

Okay.

By Live users. Do we know if windows live is counted ?

And we can ofcourse assume that everyone whose ever been active on live is counted even if they arent anymore.

Not to mention the fact that you have to make a new user when you get a new xbox ? And with the extreme failures it's had theres no telling how many live users theres been in total and how many people has had to redownload their stuff.. Even if they got it for free it still counts.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
digitalentourage said:
sony is bad microsoft is the best

What he said.

Staude said:
Okay.

By Live users. Do we know if windows live is counted ?  Windows Live is counted, but I believe they count as "silver" accounts since they are free

And we can ofcourse assume that everyone whose ever been active on live is counted even if they arent anymore. Active within the last 30 days, actually

Not to mention the fact that you have to make a new user when you get a new xbox ? And with the extreme failures it's had theres no telling how many live users theres been in total and how many people has had to redownload their stuff.. Even if they got it for free it still counts.

Plain false.  You do not have to create a new user when you get a new Xbox.  It is called "recovering your gamertag".  You can do this on any Xbox 360 console as many times as you need to, and it is still the same single gamertag.

Barozi said:
Steroid said:
Lol notice how the fail article fails to mention how many of those XBL accounts are gold? Likely because it's not a number to brag about. PSN bigger and better then XBL confirmed.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/33338/56-of-Xbox-Live-members-pay-Gold-subscription

=> 11.2 million gold members.

=> $575.000.000 into Microsoft's pockets this year ONLY.

I dont get your maths.... all the 360 fanboys hoot and holler that you can get a live card for 30 dollars with 13 months... you are saying its over 4 dollars a month... you wouldnt be contradicting your fellow console owners would you? I consider what you just did just as bad as the Ps3 fans saying 360 is half the price of the 360.... which all the 360 fans hoot and holler about being unfair too.

I'm just wondering how long HOME will be a Beta lmfao

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Xigmund said:
I'm just wondering how long HOME will be a Beta lmfao

Well you have to consider that the PS3 will have a ten year lifecycle.  Sony are not just in this for the short term like Nintendo and Microsoft, who launch things like WiiWare and NXE prematurely.  Sony have a long term plan for PSDomination, so Home will be in beta until it actually becomes useful, probably sometime around 2011.

(btw I have three PSN accounts and I last used Home around four months ago)

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick