By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN on Struggle Street

NKAJ said:
and if it is free i presume you still pay for the actual content

Silver is totally free, you can do everything gold can except for playing online aganst other people, plus gold members get a few releases and features early, some demos are up for gold a week earlier than silvers,

So yeah, anyone with a 360 can use xbox live silver totally free but if they want to play games online against other people then you need a gold account, simple really!

And yeah, I made 3 accounts on my PSP before I even got a PS3 then have made 4 more on PS3, that is 7 accounts just for me! looking at it this way makes it look very very poor compared to xbox lives numbers, plus this is PS3 AND PSP users combined, very bad tbh lol.

Around the Network

so basically to actually play online you have to pay,so only 11 million actually play online

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

NKAJ said:
so basically to actually play online you have to pay,so only 11 million actually play online

Can you confirm how many people actually play online on their PS3's? i bet it is nowhere near 11 million active users playing online......

11 Million gold users on xbox live is higher than PS3's and Wii's online active userbase, 11 million is a huge number, biggest gaming network in the world and this isn't including the other 29 million active silver users on xbox live (total = 31 million)

NKAJ said:
SamuelRSmith said:
NKAJ said:
well to be honest it makes sense that they would download more stuff because after all they pay to able to download anything...

You don't have to pay to download stuff on the 360.

alright so is silver free?

yes xbox live silver is free, you cant play online though, and you have to wait a week for demos.

Also 1 vs 100 is limited in silver

mM
FKNetwork said:

looking at it this way makes it look very very poor compared to xbox lives numbers

Not really, because a lot of people are creating new XBL accounts to have free live for one month so they can play online without having a gold account.

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
NKAJ said:

Can you confirm how many people actually play online on their PS3's? i bet it is nowhere near 11 million active users playing online......

Well if home is something to go by, which is 7 million users(a large amount of PS3 gamers refuse to play or download home) its not far from 11 million active users.

After all there are like 25 million PSN accounts and growing

mM
Asmo said:
FKNetwork said:

looking at it this way makes it look very very poor compared to xbox lives numbers

Not really, because a lot of people are creating new XBL accounts to have free live for one month so they can play online without having a gold account.

Those are not counted as confirmed by MS, trial gold accounts are not included in any of thier xbox live numbers, only "paid" gold accounts are included in their gold figures, this was cleared up aggggges ago!

FKNetwork said:
NKAJ said:

11 Million gold users on xbox live is higher than PS3's and Wii's online active userbase, 11 million is a huge number, biggest gaming network in the world and this isn't including the other 29 million active silver users on xbox live (total = 31 million)

no i cant and i m not trying to...do you have to take everything as an insult?

sorry how do you know its higher than the ps3 and wii's?

um sorry but considering world of warcraft alone has slightly over 11 million and thats one game,i think i can safely say that no xboxlive is not the worlds biggest gaming network

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

FKNetwork said:
NKAJ said:

But in actuality you have no clue how many PSN accounts are active. And since you hate on Sony it wouldn't matter if there were 200 million PSN accounts you would still say teh XBL has more players online. Here's what you know for sure: 24 million PSN accounts can do online gaming Vs. 10-11 million XBL gold accounts no matter how you spin it.

MS release figures monthly on how many people are playing what games online the most so does Sony do the same thing?

If not then why?