By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Year of the Xbox 360

Carl2291 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
MAFKKA said:
Let me be the first to start this soon to be f-up thread with saying that Spliter Cell and Left 4 Dead cant be in a "The Year of" list since they're not exclusives.

So you basicly have Halo, Forza, a DLC and a XBLA game. Not to say that the first two isnt strong contenders for a "The Year of"-motivation.

How are they not Exclusive...Are you going to be playing on PS3 or Wii?

Microsoft has two Platforms....Xbox 360 and Windows......They are exclusive since you can't play L4D or L4D2 without Microsoft

/Fail

The thread is about Xbox 360 exclusives, not Microsoft exclusives.

If the thread was called "Year of the Xbox 360 (consoles only)" then MAFKKA would be wrong.

But as L4D2 and SC:C will both be on PC (and probably much, much better than the 360 versions) he has a point.

EDIT: I said Alan Wake and meant Splinter Cell.

Most of what he said. Though i still strongly feel that any game that is also on PC is not an exclusive. And this new "console exclusive" is just a way to spin things so they sound better.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

I actually enjoy 1v100, but "innovative" is lol-worthy.

It's based on a game show. By this standard, "Ironman: the Movie Game" is innovative and "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" is one of the most creative games ever made.

Regardless of its uniqueness (or lack thereof), it's still a good game.

Way to entirely miss the point.  1 vs 100 isn't innovative because of the gameplay or format, it is innovative because of the fact that it gives real prizes, is free, incorporates avatars completely, and most importantly has 100,000+ players at any given time, which as far as I know is unprecedented.  Even World of Warcraft, by far the most successful MMO, can't have near that many active players per server at a time.

psrock said:
2009 started in January, and MS is kind of behind.

So infamous and Killzone 2 closed the doors?

Yeah right...

MAFKKA said:
Carl2291 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
MAFKKA said:
Let me be the first to start this soon to be f-up thread with saying that Spliter Cell and Left 4 Dead cant be in a "The Year of" list since they're not exclusives.

So you basicly have Halo, Forza, a DLC and a XBLA game. Not to say that the first two isnt strong contenders for a "The Year of"-motivation.

How are they not Exclusive...Are you going to be playing on PS3 or Wii?

Microsoft has two Platforms....Xbox 360 and Windows......They are exclusive since you can't play L4D or L4D2 without Microsoft

/Fail

The thread is about Xbox 360 exclusives, not Microsoft exclusives.

If the thread was called "Year of the Xbox 360 (consoles only)" then MAFKKA would be wrong.

But as L4D2 and SC:C will both be on PC (and probably much, much better than the 360 versions) he has a point.

EDIT: I said Alan Wake and meant Splinter Cell.

Most of what he said. Though i still strongly feel that any game that is also on PC is not an exclusive. And this new "console exclusive" is just a way to spin things so they sound better.

When L4D2 comes out buy a Sony PC(VIO?) and load up Ubuntu......Good luck getting it to work...

Zizzla_Rachet said:
psrock said:

Yeah right...

why are you so angry? All I am saying is the year starts in January not November.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:
psrock said:

Yeah right...

Add MLB09: The Show to that list too.

Its the greatest baseball game ever made, even Xbox employees think so.

Great line-up. I'm going to get Splinter Cell (looks amazing), Forza 3, TMNT and maybe Magna Carta II. I might give ODST a whirl. Let's not forget all the amazing multiplats coming out this year. Such a great time to be a 360 owner.

psrock said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
psrock said:

Yeah right...

why are you so angry? All I am saying is the year starts in January not November.

and teh Ps3 has those to games WW since Jan....That I know of...How was I being angry?

Carl2291 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
psrock said:

Yeah right...

Add MLB09: The Show to that list too.

Its the greatest baseball game ever made, even Xbox employees think so.

Forgot that one...

Zizzla_Rachet said:
psrock said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
psrock said:

Yeah right...

and teh Ps3 has those to games WW since Jan....That I know of...How was I being angry?

I didnt list any game. Still you are avoiding my point.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)