By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Year of the Xbox 360

It's funny how some people were questioning the Xbox 360's lineup at the start of this year.

Here are just some of the great console exclusives coming to the Xbox 360 for the remainder of this year.

Halo 3: ODST
Release Date: September 2009

A brand new campaign for one of the biggest FPS franchises on console.  The game includes additional AI behaviours, a new overhead map, gameplay tweaks, a new co-op mode, as well as being open world.  Add that to the already amazing Halo 3 engine and you have a game worth taking note of.  It will also include an invitation to the Halo: Reach multiplayer beta and the special edition that will include an ODST branded wireless Xbox 360 controller.

Grand Theft Auto 4: The Ballad of Gay Tony
Release Date: Fall 2009

The second expansion for one of the biggest HD games of 2008 arrives in Fall 2009.  If the first installment is any indication we're in for something truly special as the Xbox 360 remains the exclusive console home for the complete Grand Theft Auto 4 experience.  And speaking of The Lost and Damned, both it and this expansion will also be available as a retail disc titled Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City.

Forza Motorsport 3
Release Date: October 2009

With over 400 different cars and 100 tracks this game looks to be a monster rivaled only by Gran Turismo 5.  The game features a massive overhaul of the previous installment's graphics engine allowing 10 times the number of polygons and 4 times the texture resolution.  It also includes significant improvements in AI and physics and an amazing amount of stats tracking and community features.  All this plus additional innovations to the genre make for what will likely be the definitive racing experience on console in 2009. 

Splinter Cell: Conviction
Release Date: October 2009

One of the most talked about games of E3, this graphically stunning game takes the Splinter Cell franchise in a new direction.  New gameplay features in addition to much more interactive enviroments will attempt to keep players more immersed in the game.  With a relatively long development time it'll be interesting to see if it pays off when this game is released in October 2009.

Left 4 Dead 2
Release Date: November 2009

Valve, one of the premier developers of FPS games brings a new installment in the Left 4 Dead 2 franchise.  Although controversy surrounds this game you can bet that Valve will do it's best to give fans one of the best games in the genre.  The game will include additional new weapons, enemy types, playable characters, full story mode, as well as an improved AI Director that will even better tailor the game experience to the players abilities.

1 vs 100
Release Date: 2009

One of the most innovative games of the year comes to Xbox Live in 2009.  A massively multiplayer online game with players having the chance to win real prizes.  The game will feature a live host as well as an extended version with a taped one.  The game will be free to play for all Xbox Live Gold subscribers.  It will be interesting to see what kind of impact this game will have for the Xbox 360.

In addition to those there are other exclusives as well as many major third-party games that makes the lineup for 2009 one of the 360's best yet.

Around the Network

Wow, did you get this from somewhere, or did Microsoft pay you to write this? And how is 1 vs. 100 innovative? Ooh, real prizes, I'm so excited. It's still the most boring thing ever (I've played the beta).

Can we all simply agree that both the PS3 and 360 have a great lineup?

I'll bet 200vg$ with anyone that this thread will turn into a troll war

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I basically summarized stuff I saw on other websites. I originally was going to have all the banners the same size, in-game pictures, more games, etc, but it's not worth it for a thread that will likely only be on the first page for a day.

Around the Network

1 vs 100 was boring
and more gta dlc
im not the biggest fan of racers so forza is out
played halo 3 and was dissapointed so no more halo games
and l4d2 looks exactly like the first game
but splinter cell looks amazing and will be a contender for GoTY
obviously this is my opinion and please dont critisize my preferences

Let me be the first to start this soon to be f-up thread with saying that Spliter Cell and Left 4 Dead cant be in a "The Year of" list since they're not exclusives.

So you basicly have Halo, Forza, a DLC and a XBLA game. Not to say that the first two isnt strong contenders for a "The Year of"-motivation.

MontanaHatchet said:
Wow, did you get this from somewhere, or did Microsoft pay you to write this? And how is 1 vs. 100 innovative? Ooh, real prizes, I'm so excited. It's still the most boring thing ever (I've played the beta).

I Disaprove of your Constant 1 vs 100 bashing....You make sound like it's not a real game....

Did Sony pay to bash 1 vs 100?

Sigh..

*Grabs a fire extinguisher*

indodude said:
Can we all simply agree that both the PS3 and 360 have a great lineup?

Why would we agree about that?

I would agree if you said Uncharted 2 vs Splinter Cell: Conviction for GOTY....

@ Legend Edit the OP and put the New Gears Content....If only just to seem like the fanboy your being acused of being....