By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I dont have 360 but i can play some of ''360 exclusives'' on my PC. Hmm...weird

Around the Network
Tony_Parker said:
@Kowenicki : AAA games are not based on Kowenicki's opinions, you know.

Killzone 2 got 92 meta score, so of course it's AAA, whether you like it or not. Same thing for MLB 09 (90). Facts are facts.

In the same way, there was no full exclusive game in 2009 who got 90+ on 360, therefore there was no AAA exclusive on 360 this year. FACT. We can try emailing to Metacritic to protest, but I guess it won't change anything.

@Jagged : Whether the PC version is a bad thing or not I don't know, for me it's a good thing I don't have to buy anything on 360.

What is sure though is those games are not 360 exclusives.

Would anyone buy a 360 just for L4D?  It is just another game to add to the already stellar lineup that the 360 offers.  Most people don't buy a console for 1 game.  They look at what else there is, and each and every game that is available for the 360 is another incentive to get the console.  Available on PC or not.  You are right on the fact that it isn't 360 exclusive.  But does that matter outside of forums and teh interwebz?  The 2.27 million people who have L4D on the 360 say no.

@kowenicki : it depends what limit you take for AAAs. If you take 90 like most people do, then PS3 wins 2-0 with Killzone 2 and MLB09. I'm okay with that. I see you agree with me that the 360 had zero AAA exclusive in 2009, at least we can agree on one fact, that's good.

BladeOfGod said:
I dont have 360 but i can play some of ''360 exclusives'' on my PC. Hmm...weird

sour you lost the war?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Tony_Parker said:
@kowenicki : it depends what limit you take for AAAs. If you take 90 like most people do, then PS3 wins 2-0 with Killzone 2 and MLB09. I'm okay with that. I see you agree with me that the 360 had zero AAA exclusive in 2009, at least we can agree on one fact, that's good.

I see you have accepted my post.

And until you understand that the game being on PC to may affect about 5% of people not buying a 360, then you will never understand why the 360 sells so well even though it costs more to game on according to Sony fans.

console exclusive is important because someone weighing up between PS3 and 360 to buy will see Alan Wake on 360 and not PS3. The people out there on average who will weigh up PS3, 360 or PC are in a massive minority. Not only do PC sales of games tell you this, but people will not pay £400 for a PC that can run Alan Wake over a £159.99 console. The people that do are major tech heads and in the minority.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Tony_Parker said:

And until you understand that the game being on PC to may affect about 5% of people not buying a 360, then you will never understand why the 360 sells so well even though it costs more to game on according to Sony fans.

console exclusive is important because someone weighing up between PS3 and 360 to buy will see Alan Wake on 360 and not PS3. The people out there on average who will weigh up PS3, 360 or PC are in a massive minority. Not only do PC sales of games tell you this, but people will not pay £400 for a PC that can run Alan Wake over a £159.99 console. The people that do are major tech heads and in the minority.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exclusive

If it also appears on PC, it is not classed as "exclusive"

The OP should have specified "Consoles only" in the thread title.

Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
Tony_Parker said:

Yes I agree with Carl.

Even Carl will probably accept that although there is a few people out there who will be affected not to buy a 360 because of the PC version. The majority of average gamers will not even notice ther is a PC version. Console Exclusitivity means alot this gen.

Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
Tony_Parker said:

if you had read the first post,you would have noticed he said console exclusive

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@selnor : yeah, I accept PS3 had 2 AAA exclusives in 2009, and the 360 had zero.

It's a fact based on metacritic so there's nothing to accept actually.

@ Kirby.

He edited the OP when people started saying exclusives/console exclusives stuff.

@ Tony.

You cant base fact of of Metacritic.
If so, Grand Theft Auto 4 would be the best game this gen.
It wasn't even the best game of its release year.