By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sinha said:
kirby007 said:
ps3 only fans are getting sour lately or is it me?

Since 2006 = "lately"?

really really sour?:P

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Well I would have to say imo every year has been the year of the 360.  

Splinter Cell Conviction, Left 4 dead 2, Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake will all be available on PC in a better version, so they're not '360 exclusives'.

I still agree there are a few nice exclusives incoming on 360, just not enough compared to PS3 exclusives.

With ZERO 2009 AAA 360 exclusive released until now though, while there was Killzone 2, Infamous, Flower and MLB09 on the PS3, I don't think there's any doubt 2009 goes to PS3.

2008 was another PS3 year by the way since both games of the year according to website were PS3 exclusives (MGS4, game of this gen, and LBP).

Actually, it's very likely every year from 2008 will be PS3 year since Sony has 20+ internal studios, and MS has 3. The only reason why they managed to compete before 2008 is they bought 3rd party (mostly timed) exclusivity, which they can't do now anymore because of the huge PS3 installed base.

Tony_Parker said:
Splinter Cell Conviction, Left 4 dead 2, Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake will all be available on PC in a better version, so they're not '360 exclusives'.

I still agree there are a few nice exclusives incoming on 360 (just not enough compared to PS3 exclusives).

With no AAA 360 exclusive released until now though, while there was Killzone 2, Infamous, Flower and MLB09 on the PS3, I don't think there's any doubt 2009 goes to PS3.

2008 was another PS3 year by the way since both games of the year according to website were PS3 exclusives (MGS4, game of this gen, and LBP).

Again already? PC does not affect the console market. Read my previous post to this one.

Alan Wake may now not be coming to PC. Splinter Cell looks to be going PC months later than the 360 version and M$ will probably make the same with Mass Effect 2. Like I said PC sales dont affect sales. And the small 2 % of people that actually have PC's that can run those games probably hardly touch consoles. PS3 not having these titles are a massive + to M$. Hence it's a big big thing for the games to only be on 360. Many people that buy consoles wont be avid gamer on PC with high tech.

Brings me full circle to PC and console is 2 completely different markets. So Console exclsuive is exactly the same as exclusive. Being PC and 360 may lose the console version 10,000 sales? Thats it. A person with no PS3, no 360 and a normal PC for the family who likes the look of Alan Wake will buy a 360 for it. Not a brand new PC. Get over it. 360's lineup is killer.

Also on PC, LOL. ' Selnors laughs hard exiting the door'

'PC does not affect the console market' : very weak argument there, I'll still continue playing every 360 'exclusive' on my PC in a better version. To quote you : 'Your argument does not affect me'.

Alan Wake has been demoed on PC so of course it's coming, same for L4D2, and the FPS are much better played on PC with a mouse anyway.

Or is Pacman on 360 a 'console exclusive on this generation of MS producted consoles'. I guess you can always be the first in something, or exclusive in some way, but well...

Doesn't make sense at all. PC is used for games, so is the 360 or the PS3.

If it's not exclusive, it's not exclusive. The rest is fanboy spin.

Around the Network
Tony_Parker said:
'PC does not affect the console market' : very weak argument there, I'll still continue playing every 360 'exclusive' on my PC in a better version. To quote you : 'Your argument does not affect me'.

Alan Wake has been demoed on PC so of course it's coming.

Or is Pacman on 360 a 'console exclusive on this generation of MS producted consoles'.

Doesn't make sense at all. PC is used for games, so is the 360 or the PS3.

If it's not exclusive, it's not exclusive. The rest is fanboy spin.

LOL. YOu obviously didnt read my post properly. I acknowledged there is a very very small crossover population like you who will own consoles and play high end graphics games on the PC. However like I said it will account for near nothing in the millions of sales the 2 versions will get.

If your analogy is right, explain why the 360 is fast outselling the PS3??????

And dont say it's cost. Because according to all fanboys of Sony on this site the 360 cost more to game on.

It's because to 90% of the gaming population a game like Alan Wake only exists on 360. They will not go and spend £400 on an uber PC to run it, but instead choose a £159.99 HDD 360 so thay can play lazing on the couch.

Exactly my point. These games being 360 exclusives help 100 fold in it's battle with PS3. M$ are smart. They know it, but PS3 fanboys dont want to see it. Instead twiidle the thumbs calling them non exclusives and wonder why PS3 is now 8.73 million behind in last place.

Obviously M$ strategy works.

- Fact : PS3 sells the same as the 360 every week worldwide while it costs twice as much, hence people see more value in PS3 than in 360.

- Fact : PS3 was outselling the 360 worldwide every week before MS cut the price sharply last september. The gap was quickly going back to zero by then.

- Fact : PS3 sold more than the 360 on the same period from launch worldwide.

Conclusion : The only reason PS3 is behind in installed base today is it launched 1 year later and it costs twice as much. Any PS3 price cut would change things back to PS3 winning every week, like before last september.

In installed base, PS2 is by far number one anyway, if you don't take launch date in consideration. 360 isn't relevant right now, not only is it behind PS2, it's also far behind Wii (or PSP and DS, by the way).

Tony_Parker said:
- Fact : PS3 sells the same as the 360 every week worldwide while it costs twice as much, hence people see more value in PS3 than in 360.

- Fact : PS3 was outselling the 360 worldwide every week before MS cut the price sharply last september. The gap was quickly going back to zero by then.

- Fact : PS3 sold more than the 360 on the same period from launch worldwide.

Conclusion : The only reason PS3 is behind in installed base today is it launched 1 year later and it costs twice as much. Any PS3 price cut would change things back to PS3 winning every week, like before last september.

In installed base, PS2 is by far number one anyway, if you don't take launch date in consideration. 360 isn't relevant right now, not only is it behind PS2, it's also far behind Wii (or PSP and DS, by the way).

Why are you very wrong in stating fact?

1. PS3 does not sell the same as 360 every week. The figures have been changed. Sorry buddy. 360 instead of being 8 mill ahead which was the same as January. It's actually sold 750,000 more consoles than PS3 from January to June.

2. MGS4 was only 2 months old. And BC + MGS4 caused this. Before that 360 outsold PS3 on every other week. And most weeks.

3. You cannot take this into consideration. PS3 wasnt out and people were waiting. Then when it arrived many people realised they didnt want what they waited for. Since PS3 has been on the scene. The 360 has sold 3.20 million more consoles than PS3. Taking the gap from 5.50 million at PS3 launch to 8.73 million today.

Conclusion: Ps3 is losing steam and rapidly. Forza 3 is likely to sway more europeans. Especially considering how much advertising M$ have put into each game this gen. The 360 is more than relevant, this is why PS3 is struggling, even though PS3 fanboys state it's more expensive to game on 360.

L4D sold an assload, L4D2 will sell an assload.

How is that a bad thing for the 360?

How does it being on PC keep it from being a good thing for 360? In fact, Valve has recently stated that when they put L4D on sale on the Steam, the 360 sales increase. Yep, you read that right. So, in fact, the pc version helps sell the 360 version to some extent.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/valve-steam-can-boost-boxed-sales
"When we do our free weekends on Steam for our products we see an increase in player numbers, obviously, and then we'll see a spike in sales at the end of the weekend on Steam and at retail," he said. "And recently we've seen data that shows Left 4 Dead free weekends increase the sales of Left 4 Dead on Steam, at retail and on the Xbox 360, which we would never have guessed could have happened, but it's just that word of mouth."

So what this tells us is that some people tried it on pc, and then bought the console version.

@Kowenicki : AAA games are not based on Kowenicki's opinions, you know.

Killzone 2 got 92 meta score, so of course it's AAA, whether you like it or not. Same thing for MLB 09 (90). Facts are facts.

In the same way, there was no full exclusive game in 2009 who got 90+ on 360, therefore there was no AAA exclusive on 360 this year. FACT. We can try emailing to Metacritic to protest, but I guess it won't change anything.

@Jagged : Whether the PC version is a bad thing or not I don't know, for me it's a good thing I don't have to buy anything on 360.

What is sure though is those games are not 360 exclusives.