By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP Go - Not as powerful as Original Xbox

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/06/psp-gos-480mhz-state-refers-to-usb-not-cpu/

PSP Go's 480MHz state refers to USB, not CPU

FCC documents originally believed to have revealed that the PSP Go had a 480MHz processor -- over 40% more than the PSP (1000-3000) -- were actually talking about another part of the device ... the USB. Sony Computer Entertainment has stated that those extra megahertz are being used to clock the USB transfer and not the CPU.

So, other than the body and a slew of new accessories, it appears the PSP Go continues to be the same as its non-flipping cousin -- at least the processor won't put any extra drain on the handheld's batttery.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

480 Mhz = Gamecube, the Xbox is 733.

So the positivity towards Sony was just an accident? lol

Anyway im not really suprised you are comparing a hand held to the most owerful console last gen.

The stuff about PSP against Xbox was referring to the rumoured specs of the PSP 2, nothing to do with the PSP Go

And this is yesterday's news

FootballFan said:
So the positivity towards Sony was just an accident? lol

Anyway im not really suprised you are comparing a hand held to the most owerful console last gen.

There is nothing negative about this article though...

Anyway, PSP2 is meant to be as powerful as the Xbox, not PSPgo.

Around the Network

Why do you compare it to the original Xbox? xD Handheld =/= Console.
but if the PSP Go is as strong as its younger brother, everyone can go back at the point where everyone said that the go is overprized.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

OMG... this is so stupid... nobody ever even mentioned anything about the PSP Go being as powerfull as the Xbox... I wish gaming journalists would make a better job

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Every article I read about the PspGo makes me want it a little less.

So wait.. there's a PSP Go, PSP 2, and a PSP 3000??

damn, I always assumed that PSP Go = PSP 2... how many handhelds is Sony trying to release?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

^ - PSP2 sounds new to me, too.. :P maybe they just said that the next handheld (released in the distant Future) will be as powerfull as the original xbox.

But there is just the go, and the older one right now. (edit: the go isnt out yet, so there is only the 3k right now.)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!