By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS3 going to finish in a distant third place" says analyst

Ok vaio, so PS2 wins hands down in installed base since launch date doesn't matter.

Or if you look at launch dates, then PS3 sold more than 360. Your choice.

Please explain me why PS3 was outselling the 360 every week worldwide before last september MS price cut too ? I'd like to know.

Around the Network
Tony_Parker said:
Ok vaio, so PS2 wins hands down in installed base since launch date doesn't matter.

Or if you look at launch dates, then PS3 sold more than 360. Your choice.

Please explain me why PS3 was outselling the 360 every week worldwide before last september MS price cut too ? I'd like to know.

There you go again trying to twist things to Sony advantage, you are so pathetic.

PS 2 is last gen and Sony won that hands down in every area except profits and no one is disputing that, now we are in a new gen a a whole new ball game and Sony squandered all their lead for absolutly nothing.

Yes it outsold the 360 for a number of weeks but how much did it help the system now?

I am sure it will outsell the 360 again for a period of time when pricecut or slim comes but if it doesnt do it big enough or for a long enough period to pass the 360 it won´t mutter either.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

xbox360 sold 5 million first year. Take that year out and it still outselling ps3. Your point is? Xbox360 had a slow starting year? Ok, that year is over and it's outselling ps3 weekly for a long time already.

Samus Aran said:
xbox360 sold 5 million first year. Take that year out and it still outselling ps3. Your point is? Xbox360 had a slow starting year? Ok, that year is over and it's outselling ps3 weekly for a long time already.

This.

Are we done with that silly argument that PS3 would have sold better if the start date was aligned ? That is ridiculous...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

@Samus : my point is the only reason it's been outselling PS3 for a few months (since last september) is they cut the price in half.

As soon as Sony cuts the price, it's back to where it was before, with the PS3 on top.

Around the Network

@Sardauk : if that's ridiculous, then PS2 is by far the winning console. Of course it released BEFORE the 360, but you said that doesn't matter.

Plus, great games continue to be released on PS2, like Persona 4.

ps2 is a beast.

Launch dates don't matter, but current and last gen consoles matter. Ps2 is clearly last gen console there for you shouldn't compare it as the weekly sales are low for it anyway.

Tony_Parker said:
@Sardauk : if that's ridiculous, then PS2 is by far the winning console. Of course it released BEFORE the 360, but you said that doesn't matter.

The ps 2 has nothing to do with this gen except for masking the absolute horrible losses the PS 3 has done.

The PS 2 won LAST gen and that is the truth what you are doing is some retarted damage controll so Sony can stay on top in your eyes and arguments in every possible situation.

Start arguing with facts that actually belong to the subject and the PS 2 doesnt unless we are discussing a period over 2 gens and not this gen only wich we are.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Tony clutching at straws again, PS2 is not part of this generation, and the software sales are dying, why even bring it up?

You're the master of spin. And its not as if you don't try.

Tony_Parker said:

Absolutly, I'm not challenging that.

But the PS3 is probably not gonna be like that...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.