By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Five reasons why the PlayStation brand is kiddy and not hardcore

RolStoppable said:
SmokedHostage said:
Weak thread. I am disappoint.

psrock said:

you can always tell when ioi fail to give us numbers yet.

Blacksaber said:

This is not very good work Rol....I feel betrayed...

Randon new guy said:

One word. Fail

You have to understand that I have to expand my audience. If I always cater exclusively to the same group of people, I can only sit by and watch how the market shrinks and slowly dies.

I thought your "5 reasons" would be more logical than this. How about next time I completely ignore your next thread?

No need to reply.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Also I think part of the appeal of Rol articles is how people react, and when people act the way they do. So I bet by page 2 this will have the "rol appeal"!

Nevermind misread

You forgot to mention that Sony's little baby controllers are made for little baby hands.

You can't look right and aim left in a shooter without injuring the knuckles on your thumbs. Not hardcore at all.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@deskpro
You don't seem to get what rol threads are about...

Former something....

Around the Network

1. Their biggest franchise is rated E for Everyone - The Gran Turismo games have sold more than 50 million copies, because they can reach a broad audience. This was only possible because Sony and Polyphony Digital didn't go down the road of mature gaming and refused to add hardcore features like drive-bys. -- Gran Turismo aint the only huge franchise... God of War, Last Guardian

2. Sackboy - This little guy is sooo cute. He has been the star of Sony's flagship title for the most recent holiday season which once again shows that Sony's priority aren't the hardcore gamers. Another game that is rated E for Everyone. -- Killzone 2, Infamous, Uncharted, God of War, Last Guardian

4. The face buttons of their controllers - Instead of using letters to name their buttons like it's commonly done on video game controllers, Sony decided to use geometrical objects. This without a doubt points to their target demographic being young kids. They can't read, but they can recognize triangles, circles, crosses and squares (or like I call them: Dreieg, Kreis, Kreiz, Kastl). Seriously, having a Kastl button is definitely not hardcore, it makes you sound like a five year old. -- my 3 year old reads 3 letter words

5. The new PSP bundle - If this doesn't make you question the hardcoreness of the PlayStation brand, then I don't know what to say anymore. You must be blind if you can't see what's going on. -- you want me to name other bundles?

RolStoppable said:
Gilgamesh said:

Nevermind misread

Oh, you meanie!

I have copied your text and if you don't want me to paste it, you'll have to serve as my minion for a week.

lol, what do I have to do

sunil247 said:

1. Their biggest franchise is rated E for Everyone - The Gran Turismo games have sold more than 50 million copies, because they can reach a broad audience. This was only possible because Sony and Polyphony Digital didn't go down the road of mature gaming and refused to add hardcore features like drive-bys. -- Gran Turismo aint the only huge franchise... God of War, Last Guardian

2. Sackboy - This little guy is sooo cute. He has been the star of Sony's flagship title for the most recent holiday season which once again shows that Sony's priority aren't the hardcore gamers. Another game that is rated E for Everyone. -- Killzone 2, Infamous, Uncharted, God of War, Last Guardian

4. The face buttons of their controllers - Instead of using letters to name their buttons like it's commonly done on video game controllers, Sony decided to use geometrical objects. This without a doubt points to their target demographic being young kids. They can't read, but they can recognize triangles, circles, crosses and squares (or like I call them: Dreieg, Kreis, Kreiz, Kastl). Seriously, having a Kastl button is definitely not hardcore, it makes you sound like a five year old. -- my 3 year old reads 3 letter words

5. The new PSP bundle - If this doesn't make you question the hardcoreness of the PlayStation brand, then I don't know what to say anymore. You must be blind if you can't see what's going on. -- you want me to name other bundles?

Why didn't you address the 3rd point? 

Did you not have anything to say?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

deskpro2k3 said:
One word. Fail

You guys confunding what is hardcore.
Hardcore=/= mature

Madworld wasn't hardcore.

LBP creation tools is an example of what is hardcore, the time and investment put to make a level is something fews can do.

Gt5 is by definition hardcore since all the game is about realism, cars physics and perfectionism of driving.

This thread fails in trolling.

3) about the face buttons, you dont need to know how to write or read to reconnigze letter, they are symbols just like the geometric form. See any resemble betwen the circle and the O? Sony only made geometric symbols to make it unique.

Even god of war or GTA4 is not hardcore.

The definition is requiring investiment, time or being difficult and demanding.

Use demons souls, FF tatics, vanguard, monster hunter as example of hardcore.