By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Five reasons why the PlayStation brand is kiddy and not hardcore

gtcarro said:
RolStoppable said:

It's no secret that Nintendo has the image of being kiddy, but what many of you probably don't know is that Sony isn't really that much different. So today you'll learn the shocking truth about the PlayStation brand. It isn't as hardcore as some of you might think, in fact there are plenty of things which prove that it is actually kiddy. That being said, here are five excellent reasons why the PlayStation brand is kiddy and not hardcore:

1. Their biggest franchise is rated E for Everyone - The Gran Turismo games have sold more than 50 million copies, because they can reach a broad audience. This was only possible because Sony and Polyphony Digital didn't go down the road of mature gaming and refused to add hardcore features like drive-bys.

2. Sackboy - This little guy is sooo cute. He has been the star of Sony's flagship title for the most recent holiday season which once again shows that Sony's priority aren't the hardcore gamers. Another game that is rated E for Everyone.

3. Eight Days vs. Eye Pet - The former game, a potential action blockbuster, was cancelled in favor of a pet simulation. That's something to think about. I wouldn't go as far as calling this Sony is the abandoning the hardcore gamers, but... actually it's exactly just that.

4. The face buttons of their controllers - Instead of using letters to name their buttons like it's commonly done on video game controllers, Sony decided to use geometrical objects. This without a doubt points to their target demographic being young kids. They can't read, but they can recognize triangles, circles, crosses and squares (or like I call them: Dreieg, Kreis, Kreiz, Kastl). Seriously, having a Kastl button is definitely not hardcore, it makes you sound like a five year old.

5. The new PSP bundle - If this doesn't make you question the hardcoreness of the PlayStation brand, then I don't know what to say anymore. You must be blind if you can't see what's going on.

RolStoppable are you sayng that PS3 is for kids!!!

Killzone 2 (the best FPS on the market) is for kids??? 

Resistance 1 and 2 are for kids???  

InFamous  is for kids???  

Uncharted 1 and 2 are for Kids??? 

MAG (the outstanding war game for 256 players online) is for Kids??? 

Siren Blood Course is for Kids??? 

Time Crisis 4 is for Kids???

Warwawk is for kids???

SOCOM Confrontation is for Kids??? 

My response is: lolololololololololol

If you wnt to be a Hardcore gamer, buy a PC because Consoles are all the same.

Is strange that you dont talk about a lovely game named "LIPS". Oh I forgot...that game is a xbox360 game (lololololol)

Serious thread is serious.

Around the Network
gtcarro said:
RolStoppable said:

It's no secret that Nintendo has the image of being kiddy, but what many of you probably don't know is that Sony isn't really that much different. So today you'll learn the shocking truth about the PlayStation brand. It isn't as hardcore as some of you might think, in fact there are plenty of things which prove that it is actually kiddy. That being said, here are five excellent reasons why the PlayStation brand is kiddy and not hardcore:

1. Their biggest franchise is rated E for Everyone - The Gran Turismo games have sold more than 50 million copies, because they can reach a broad audience. This was only possible because Sony and Polyphony Digital didn't go down the road of mature gaming and refused to add hardcore features like drive-bys.

2. Sackboy - This little guy is sooo cute. He has been the star of Sony's flagship title for the most recent holiday season which once again shows that Sony's priority aren't the hardcore gamers. Another game that is rated E for Everyone.

3. Eight Days vs. Eye Pet - The former game, a potential action blockbuster, was cancelled in favor of a pet simulation. That's something to think about. I wouldn't go as far as calling this Sony is the abandoning the hardcore gamers, but... actually it's exactly just that.

4. The face buttons of their controllers - Instead of using letters to name their buttons like it's commonly done on video game controllers, Sony decided to use geometrical objects. This without a doubt points to their target demographic being young kids. They can't read, but they can recognize triangles, circles, crosses and squares (or like I call them: Dreieg, Kreis, Kreiz, Kastl). Seriously, having a Kastl button is definitely not hardcore, it makes you sound like a five year old.

5. The new PSP bundle - If this doesn't make you question the hardcoreness of the PlayStation brand, then I don't know what to say anymore. You must be blind if you can't see what's going on.

RolStoppable are you sayng that PS3 is for kids????

(...)

InFamous  is for kids???  

Warwawk is for kids???

God of War 3 is for Kids???

If you want to be a Hardcore gamer, buy a PC because Consoles are all the same ****.

Is strange that you dont talk about a lovely game named "LIPS". Oh I forgot...that game is for hardcore "wanabe's" (lololololol)

God of War 3 is clearly for kids. Just look at this thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=78949

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

gtcarro said:
RolStoppable said:

RolStoppable are you sayng that PS3 is for kids????

(...)

InFamous  is for kids???  

Warwawk is for kids???

God of War 3 is for Kids???

If you want to be a Hardcore gamer, buy a PC because Consoles are all the same ****.

Is strange that you dont talk about a lovely game named "LIPS". Oh I forgot...that game is for hardcore "wanabe's" (lololololol)

megaman79 said:
its a joke

But Rol never makes joke threads!

He must be trolling!

btw its called Siren Blood Curse not Blood Course

Around the Network

Maybe if I had minions my thread would reach 5 pages.

What I don't get is that Darth interviewed Rol once and the thread only got 69 replies (lol 69), maybe it's the sight of Rol's name next to the thread in the forum that gets people to enter?

nope , its just that were giving this thread more replies as we whine about it. xD

^I need to write all of this down.

Kim Possible avatar, fanboy war, making people whine, this is all good stuff!

You know, ironically, every post I make complaining about the success of this thread adds to the success of this thread.

It's a paradox.