By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales 6/22 - 6/28

Big opener for Wii Sports Resort with little to no benefits to the Wii. Haha obviously the issue runs deeper than software which is what I thought was the main issue at least throughout 2009. Pricecut, new marketing campaign, or just bettering of the market. I'm sure software is still an issue but obviously not as big of a main player than we thought.

None the less, good start for the game along with other games. Good job to BlazBlue although I would have hoped it could take off a little more. Here's to legs of at least the PS3 version. Not to mention great start for Atelier. And DS... well beastly as usual for software haha.

Around the Network

Atelier is sold out on amazon right now

mM
leo-j said:
Atelier is sold out on amazon right now

Obviously retailers under estimated demand for the product.  Guess selling on a better pace than the others in the series will do that eh.

Not only that, but WSR almsot sold out of it's first shipment which was about 380k-400k according to Sinobi percentages.  Find it hard to under estimate that one but it happens eh.

Nº 17 is probably Wii Sports. Bad HW effect coming from WSR, Wii is in a bit of trouble right now YoY.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

It looks like Atelier provided as much boost to the PS3 and Wii Sports Resort to the Wii while selling only a fraction of the WSR's total. FFXIII will be a mega booster to the PS3 hardware in Japan.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Also older SW didn't see any kind of boost with WSR launch. Only 3 Wii games in the top 30, that's really bad considering 355k people bought WSR, but almost no one else bought a second game. Wii owners are starving for new games, but they seem to come out every 2 - 3 months, the relevant ones.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Wow, that small of a hardware bump is shocking.

Sony should try to cut their price ASAP in Japan, they could really compete with the Wii.

trestres said:
Also older SW didn't see any kind of boost with WSR launch. Only 3 Wii games in the top 30, that's really bad considering 355k people bought WSR, but almost no one else bought a second game. Wii owners are starving for new games, but they seem to come out every 2 - 3 months, the relevant ones.

Yea, that is one thing I noticed. No older software got a noticeable boost.

Maybe when the Japanese charts show up, some games may have gone up by a few hundred units.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

too bad for Wii hardware, there's almost no boost at all : (

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Media Create

01./00. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 360,000 / NEW
02./01. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection) (Nintendo) - 72,000 / 174,000 (-29%)
03./00. [PS3] Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland (Gust) - 43,000 / NEW
04./00. [PSP] Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono. 2 (Sword & Magic & School 2) (Acquire) - 39,000 / NEW
05./00. [PS3] BlazBlue (Arc System Works) - 34,000 / NEW
06./00. [360] BlazBlue (Arc System Works) - 25,000 / NEW
07./03. [NDS] Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Square Enix) - 22,000 / 479,000 (-19%)
08./00. [PS3] Agarest Senki Zero (Compile Heart) - 15,000 / NEW
09./05. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (BEST) (Capcom) - 13,000 / 762,000 (-6%)
10./04. [NDS] Sloane and MacHale's Mysterious Story (Level 5) - 13,000 / 156,000 (-16%)

11./00. [PSP] Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance (Marvelous)
12./08. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
13./06. [NDS] Gyakuten Kenji (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth) (Capcom)
14./10. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon Co.)
15./00. [NDS] Really? Really! Realia DS (Kadokawa Shoten)
16./07. [NDS] Akira Tago's Mind Exercises (Atama no Taisou) Vol. 1: Puzzle Solving Journey Around the World (Level 5)
17./02. [PSP] Fate/Unlimited Codes Portable (Capcom)
18./00. [PSP] Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku o - Tenohira no Rakuen (Promising This Blue Sky: Pleasure Garden of the Day) (TGL)
19./00. [360] Mamoru-Kun wa Nowarete Shimatta! (Mamoru Has Been Cursed!) (Grev Ltd.)
20./00. [PS2] Wand of Fortune (Idea Factory)
21./09. [PS3] Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Empires (Koei)
22./00. [360] Time Leap (Prototype)
23./15. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
24./11. [NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (Pokemon Co.)
25./17. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii (Namco Bandai)
26./00. [PS3] Bionic Commando (Capcom)
27./16. [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (Nintendo)
28./18. [NDS] Infinite Space (SEGA)
29./12. [PSP] Evangelion: Jo (Prologue) (Namco Bandai)
30./00. [PS3] Wanted: Weapons of Fate (Spike)

NDS - 10
PS3 - 6
PSP - 6
WII - 4
360 - 3
PS2 - 1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366915
http://www.inside-games.jp/ranking/weekly.php?week=109

[PS3] Demon's Souls
1100 / 136400

http://thedrill.no-blog.jp/dblog/