By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales 6/22 - 6/28

Alright so wii sold 23k not 21k, and PS3 managed to break 11k. 360 sales are down from last week o-O

mM
Around the Network

Those are fake HW numbers...

Everyone who wanted the PS3 above 10k got their wish it seems.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Not a great surprise. How many people would buy the Wii for WS:R, but not buy it for WS?

Still, 23k isn't bad - for a console, and this time of year. Its way above the 50% (360 + PS3), that the Wii is doing worldwide.

Software sales pretty good, better than I expected really. Guessing around 150k next week, totaling 500k in first 2 weeks.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Pretty good for Atelier Rorona if you ask me.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network
shams said:
Not a great surprise. How many people would buy the Wii for WS:R, but not buy it for WS?

Still, 23k isn't bad - for a console, and this time of year. Its way above the 50% (360 + PS3), that the Wii is doing worldwide.

It's not just WSR though, Wii MotionPlus was released this week too. I expected that to have a significant affect on hardware than if it was just WSR alone.

23k is actually about a 35% rise by Famitsu (Wii did 17k in Japan by Famitsu last week). It isn't enough for Japan but a similar rise in the United States would push Wii from 72k to 97k per week.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

kowenicki said:
hmm.. preview was miles off on the 360 hardware.

What 360 numbers? HW numbers posted in this thread are fake - we only have Wii HW number from Sinobi (21k).

PS3 11000
PS2 5000
360 4000

Wow... That would be back to several weeks ago, with the 360 outsold again by the PS2 and outsold 3:1 by the PS3.

Why do people say it's fake ? Where did the OP pull them from ?

Even if WSR gave Western market a similar push that is FAR from enough to match last year number....( Wii was averaging 140k /week in NA last summer...)

I think it's now clear that Nintendo will not reach their 26 million units shipped without a price cut.....

I'm highly questionning Iwata prediction than Wii sales in Q2 financial (summer) would top 2008 Q2..

We made  highly interesting discovery too (/sarcasm on)  sequel of games already published in a gen do not move a lot of hardware (/sarcasm off).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !