By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft 2 makes major announcements (and I am off the hype train)

Wow... that doesn't sound good. Definitely does not sound like the same company that gave us spawned installs supporting up to 8 people...

I really hope they fix this up.

Around the Network

Whats wrong with no lan play? Why not just have people log in to battle net?

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

I give it a week for some 3rd party to make a LAN play patch/utility for starcraft 2 upon release.

@Aiemond: LAN = no lag. The only reason I think they'd exclude it is to deter piracy.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

it seems blizzard is anti console. making 3 seperate version's of a game instead of 1 with 3 campaigns is completely gay and is bad business sense if u ask me, blizzard should release 1 version for all the pc ppl wanting this game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
it seems blizzard is anti console. making 3 seperate version's of a game instead of 1 with 3 campaigns is completely gay and is bad business sense if u ask me, blizzard should release 1 version for all the pc ppl wanting this game.

I'm actually glad they split it into 3 seperate games.

They already said each campaign will be 26-30 missions, which is equivalent to an entier Starcraft 1 game across all 3 campaigns.

Usually you have 3 missions that are very basic explaining how the game plays out and then the extra 7 for actual story, with 30 missions per campaign it's an opportunity for a much more involved story, plus after all three games are released, thats 90 missions total, im happy.

Around the Network

My feeling about Lan play is that its dead.

Tease.

Campaign mode sounds pretty awesome anyway.

was already angry about how blizzard is handling starcraft 2, but this is horrible. No buy for me, this is just a nail in the coffin.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

No LAN is bad but as ameratsu said there probably will be a 3rd party LAN patch pooping up somewhere soon after the release. The game not going on console is just common sense. You can't have a control setup on consoles that will be as effective as keyboard + mouse for an RTS.

Signature goes here!

omgno more lan means no more LC...which means no more 5 players on bnet with one cd key...damn it... i can't play with my friends anymore...wahhhh...

god damn bnet sucks...they should learn from these so called hackers...and use it for their advantage like LC...