By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP outsells DS this week worldwide

PSP outsells DS this week

For the first time in 2007, PSP sales exceeded DS sales this week - 420,000 to 350,000 units. This is in large part due to the enormous launch in Japan of PSP Slim & Lite, selling over 270,000 units in that region alone. Expect sales to remain high through the holiday period.

Around the Network

For the first time? WTF?

mM

For the first time? WTF?

mM

Actually, I bet it has more to do with the Final Fantasy and Metal Gear solid games than it does the release of a new PSP model.

I doubt through the holiday season but maybe for the next week and done. I mean doesn't Zelda: Phantom Hourglass release soon in America. That should boost DS sales.

Around the Network

I see now I thought it said in japan.

Well this is amazing, no one expected this:

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=DS®1=Japan&cons2=PS3®2=Japan&cons3=PSP®3=Japan&weekly=1 This is nothing, D vader and spiderman pack released would increase sales even more.

mM
superchunk said:
Actually, I bet it has more to do with the Final Fantasy and Metal Gear solid games than it does the release of a new PSP model.

Nah, it's the new PSP models. Notice the hardware outsold the software on the weekly chart. Final Fantasy tumbled 75%.

So... that makes it... the 5th week in 2 or so years?

DonWii said:
So... that makes it... the 5th week in 2 or so years?

Still batter than the Gamecube/PS2 competition , and seeing that there are games like MPO2 , MHF2G and KH : BBS comming out , I say that the PSP hasa good chance for a couple of weeks of glory , even next year :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
I see now I thought it said in japan.

Well this is amazing, no one expected this:

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=DS®1=Japan&cons2=PS3®2=Japan&cons3=PSP®3=Japan&weekly=1 This is nothing, D vader and spiderman pack released would increase sales even more.

IDK about you but I wanna see what DQ IX and DQ 4-6 remakes'll do lol.

I'm too scared to know what will happen at that time X(