By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

To be honest, I really don't mind this review. The first one from Gamespot that I've respected in quite some time. He stated his feelings, he backed them up with facts, and he didn't contradict himself. That's all I ask.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Games4Fun said:
It really baffles me how so many reviews are so different in scores. It probably has to do with certain taste. I guess not much different then just asking random friends what they thought of it. My advice is, if you are on the fence on buying it or not give it rent and decide for yourself.

couldn't have said it better myself....although i do like lookin at video reviews because i can actually see what they are complainin about and then decide if i think it is warranted

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

This isn't surprising. I said beforehand you'd get two types of reviews. One that compares Conduit to other Wii FPS and would view it favourably and ones that just compare Conduit to other FPSs and it that regard there was never any question it would be found lacking. HVS just doesn't have the experience to compete with Valve, Epic and Infinity Ward.

Plus some reviewers just hate the Wii and would have bashed Halo 3 if it was a Wii exclusive

well its not as bad as 1UP they gave it a 58

NinjaBlade360 said:

No 1Up gave it a C+ which to anyone but Metacritic is a lot better than 58%.

Around the Network
NinjaBlade360 said:

No, 1up gave it a C+ metacritic interpreted it as a 58% ... In contrast Gamerankings.com interpreted the same C+ to be 70%

Gamerace said:
This isn't surprising. I said beforehand you'd get two types of reviews. One that compares Conduit to other Wii FPS and would view it favourably and ones that just compare Conduit to other FPSs and it that regard there was never any question it would be found lacking. HVS just doesn't have the experience to compete with Valve, Epic and Infinity Ward.

Plus some reviewers just hate the Wii and would have bashed Halo 3 if it was a Wii exclusive

And so it begins...

The scores are not the problem. But I think that it is hard for Wii owners not to wonder whether there is anti-wii sentiment influencing the scores.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Well I know one thing. I'm still buying it. Also didn't they give Halo Wars the same score? Didn't that game get good reviews or were their also bad ones

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

This game looks and sounds sweet. But if majority of the sites are giving it 7 and lower, than well, It's a rental. :o