By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next-gen console war: The verdict by mcvuk.com

W29 said:
@jhlennon1

Let me rephrase what jhlennon1 meant to say

"Yeah, the 360 has a chance of reaching 36mil...

Don't misquote what I say, peon!

If I wanted to say that I would have said it.

Around the Network

Yeah this is a pretty bad analysis. Not only is he expecting the 360 and the Wii to just... stop, he predicted a huge shrinkage of the system market when all signs point to it expanding up to 100%.

@jhlennon1

Let me rephrase what jhlennon1 meant to say

"You can quote me I have no problem
If I didn't what you to quote me I would have said that".

jhlennon1 said:
Yeah, the 360 has no chance in hell of reaching 36mil...

Do you mean only that, or no more than that? If the latter, how? The PSP had a chance even before the sales boost, and its sales before the boost were about the same WW as the 360's (just more evenly spread). So how does the 360 have no chance of selling 36 million?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
jhlennon1 said:

Do you mean only that, or no more than that? If the latter, how? The PSP had a chance even before the sales boost, and its sales before the boost were about the same WW as the 360's (just more evenly spread). So how does the 360 have no chance of selling 36 million?

What's so hard for you to comprehend? The 360 will NEVER reach 36mil EVER. Microsoft can say or so do whatever they like, still will NEVER happen.

Around the Network
jhlennon1 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jhlennon1 said:

What's so hard for you to comprehend? The 360 will NEVER reach 36mil EVER. Microsoft can say or so do whatever they like, still will NEVER happen.

WOW your really serious. Why don't you see it happening?

jhlennon1 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jhlennon1 said:

Wow. Putting "never" in all caps is so convincing.

Try actual evidence that it won't.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

HappySqurriel said:

I always think that the taper off idea is remarkably stupid because the industry can not produce such an outcome ...

Sales of the PS3 have been poor so far and will look awful after the holiday season 2007; this will result in third party publishers reducing exclusive support for the PS3, and not allocating PS2 development teams towards the PS3 as projects are completed (most likely that support will move towards the Wii). In 2008 the Wii will have another banner year whilst the PS3 continues to struggle; this will in turn cause a further shift towards the Wii.

Magically in 2009 (when the PS3 becomes an affordable system) people are going to start buying the PS3 and ignoring the Wii when most of the major third party games are being released for the Wii?

The first 18 months are critical for producing a large userbase in order to have third party confidence so that you have the important games on your system later in life.

/ QFT - I totally agree with this. There's a lot riding on his prediction, and it doesn't address if anyone will still be making games for the PS3 by then, especially if the masses are embracing the Wii and 360. The best prediction is looking at the PS2/Xbox fight. Being late to the table, a lack of exclusives and the better console didn't do jack for the Xbox. It amazes me folks are still predicting the PS3 to win. Sony greatly wounded their chances when they removed the Emotion emulator engine in favor of software emulation. I am just sitting back, playing Halo 3 and Halo 4, watching this drama unfold.

I'm not bullish on the 360's prospects by any means, but 36 million is certainly achievable. I expect it to end 2011 somewhere in the 40s.

LordTheNightKnight said:
jhlennon1 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jhlennon1 said:

Wow. Putting "never" in all caps is so convincing.

Try actual evidence that it won't.

Thats my question to jhlennon1, Try some evidence for me and LordTheNightKnight.