By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mass Effect sales?

Most of my friends got it so I am sure the sales will be good. Just after thanksgiving at my cousins house we had 4 360's and 3 where playing mass effect.

Around the Network

A great deal of those numbers seem low.

WiiPlay I would expect to be much higher with the Wii console number.
Guitar Hero II for 360 I expect to be on the list with the Best Buy Black Friday promotion.
Halo 3 should be higher as well. Dont think anyway it is lower than it was a couple of weeks ago, not to mention the Target promotion over the weekend.

Libraries sell systems not individual games

mass effect is not possible to go to the ps3 dabause

its published by MS which means they have the right to the game, bioware however owns the IP which means EA does so if EA published it yes they could

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I have a 360 and i don't see how can someone like this game...sorry everybody but i hated this game...

Lost said-mass effect is not possible to go to the ps3 dabause

its published by MS which means they have the right to the game, bioware however owns the IP which means EA does so if EA published it yes they could

Thats what i meant. Point is it could happen. Still, wouldnt it be something if ea made a port? and for once it didnt suck? Though i highly doubt both scenarios im just saying thatd be nuts.

Around the Network

Mass Effect got hurt from cannibalization. It had to compete with COD4, Assassins Creed, and Halo 3. All of which are arguably must haves. And 360 owners are going broke

I wouldn't mind if Mass Effect made it to the PS3 as everyone should get a chance to play such a magnificent game. They have to get part 1 before they even consider part 2 or 3 as it just wouldn't make sense.

Raph~ said:
I have a 360 and i don't see how can someone like this game...sorry everybody but i hated this game...

Why?

I am quite surprised by sales figures - a lot lower than expected. May appeal more to hard-core gamers (maybe SciFi turns people off?) than other games?

But for Assassins to outsell it by 3:1-2:1, is a real surprise IMO. Mass Effect definitely holds more attraction to me! 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I too wouldnt mind playing it on the ps3, i wouldnt have to constantly worry that any minute my console is break. Thats why i wish developers would step up their game concering ps3 ports because so far for multiplatform titles id always go for the ps3 title for the simple fact that the damn thing isnt going to break. I dont give a crap about achievments. Shame EA f'd up the orange box port... anyways yeah mass effect sales. not what i expected.

dabaus513 said:
Lost said-mass effect is not possible to go to the ps3 dabause

Thats what i meant. Point is it could happen. Still, wouldnt it be something if ea made a port? and for once it didnt suck? Though i highly doubt both scenarios im just saying thatd be nuts.

well its possible, if EA buys out microsoft or sony does.

Im saying that EA has the right to choose where the next game in the series goes. MS published it so its pretty much done for 360 exclusive

im guessing that some of these games were not tracked right. Mass effect and rock band should be higher unless they shipped few

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.