By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mass Effect sales?

G=2,341,777
H=790,001

Around the Network

I copy the precition of superchunk,

superchunk G 375,000 H 150,000

I dont expect MassEffect to have amazing sales, it is a new IP and it is not a "basic" FPS like coD4.

Time to Work !

sinha said:
W29 said:
Game: 600,000k
Harware:200,000k

WTF??  Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

I predict Mass Effect will sell 2.2 million worldwide.

Actually, if I were predicting, I would have said 450,000 and 200,000. I hope your 2.2 million isn't a first week prediction.

And I'm one of those who bought the game. I just don't think an RPG will do as well as a shooter.

CTifer said:
sinha said:
W29 said:
Game: 600,000k
Harware:200,000k

WTF?? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

I predict Mass Effect will sell 2.2 million worldwide.

Actually, if I were predicting, I would have said 450,000 and 200,000. I hope your 2.2 million isn't a first week prediction.

And I'm one of those who bought the game. I just don't think an RPG will do as well as a shooter

You gotta think though that Oblivion is just about at 2.2 million world wide and that's an RPG. Mass effect is more shooter than most rpg's, that's gotta help it in someway with the casual crowd. It's gotta at least match oblivion or the end of the world may be nearing.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

I think ioi said that Mass Effect sales were disappointing.

Around the Network

To those posting their predictions. The deadline for making a prediction expired a month ago. The thread was started two months ago. So obviously someone who posted a prediction two months ago obviously did not have data from last week. Sorry those that arrive late to this thread, but your votes cannot be counted it wouldn't be fair to that were practicing real prognostication.

Time for some crow eating!

Actual numbers were:

Mass effect - 192,993

360 hardware -254,680

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

Time for some crow eating!

Actual numbers were:

Mass effect - 192,993

360 hardware -254,680

Ain't that a bitch. Assassin's Creed moves 580k units opening week and ME moves 192k... While both border on greatness at times and have their problems, that just ain't right.

Let's hope the game moves at least 500k more by the end of the year... Bioware definitely deserves it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It should also be said that software sales are probably very hard to estimate for Black Friday week, with all the atypical promotions and customer choices (going to different stores, etc).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

ME sold just about 200k, damn i thought itd at least launch at 500k in just america. Theres no doubt it will have legs but still i dont understand why 360 owners are not getting it. To be honest though the walmart i work at doesnt even have ME on the shelf yet so maybe other walmarts have followed suit? Either way cant wait til my girlfriend buys me this for christmas. If sales dont dont pick up I wonder if EA will port to ps3 to gain some extra cash, wouldnt that be somethin?