By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 200K PS3 sold in France

I don't know why anyone actually takes VGchartz numberguesses seriously, what they say the numbers are has no bearing on reality.

Around the Network
jhlennon1 said:
I don't know why anyone actually takes VGchartz numberguesses seriously, what they say the numbers are has no bearing on reality.
I beg your pardon?

I don't speak French very well but I'm gonna give it a try:

PlayStation 3 gamers, we are already with 200 000 French who have fallen for the next generation console from Sony in six months, which is better then the PS2 in its time according to Georges Fornay. In addition, SCEF hopes to pass the symbolic border of 500 000 consoles sold in the Hexagon (France) before the end of the year. We believe in it.

Diomedes1976 said:
0 replies....guess this isnt interesting for anyone

I think the issue is that a lot of posters, myself included don't have a way to quantify PS3 sales in France. 200k could be excellent, average, or poor. I haven't the slightest clue, which is hy I refrained from commenting. I have a good understanding of what constitutes good sales in Japan and North America, but not for the individual countries of the EU.

Thanks for the translation, Zuhyc.

ioi has stated he will be adjusting PS3 numbers for France.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
Thanks for the link, Just_Ben. Babel fish is kinda bad when it comes to translation. Any French speakers who can give a clear translation?

Also, does anyone have numbers for the PS2 in France for the first 6 months for comparison?

i don't know about France but for Europe as a whole the Hardware shipment figures for PS2 are 2.85 million for March 2001 (19 weeks after release)

take into account that those are old "sony shipment" figures probably means 2M+ sold to retail, and i bet most were sold so at least 1.75 million sold to consumers.

The PS3 numbers are currently at 1.44 million, which is for 6 months of sales (26 weeks)

actually i was wrong....i've just realised we can go back further than before for 'others' weekly and for week ending April 1st 2001 PS2 was at 1.68 million.

So at 19 weeks old for each VGC has PS2 at 1.68M and PS3 at 1.22M.....actually a lot closer than i thought....though you have to bare in mind over half of that figure for PS3 was in the first two weeks (666K) wheras after 3 weeks for PS2 it was less than 1/3 (524K)     <---sorry that has to be 3 weeks but 'others' data only goes back to 10th dec.

i think it's possible PS3 has sold more than 200k, especially as the PS2 was at 320k for the same period.

Yeah diomedes
We speak of this news since friday in this thread, because friday, we learn the total of the ps3 (200k), and the total of the 360 (430k)

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=7694

So, if you want to be complete in your original post in this thread, you must post the total of the 360, the total of the ps3 with the two link at gamekult.fr (see my thread).

VGchartz has updated the France numbers to 203k now. Looks like it was off just a bit, but the adjustments were made, and this time in favor of the ps3.

Who cares about the 360 sales here, this is a Sony forum.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

guess ioi needs to increase the ps3 from 4.74m to 4.77m

mM

I think that it was counted as 100k was added. (4.64 --> 4.74)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.