By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Check Out 360's 1080p Smooth Streaming Tech Now

Skeeuk said:
does anyone know how much a 1080p rental will cost? and how much a download will cost?

If they still offer the ability to download, then I would imagine they would cost the same.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
good feature but how much does it cost for a rental? and how much is it for the download?

Anywhere from 300-560msp usually.

500 Microsoft points costs  £4.25 = $7

It might be cheaper in America. It would definetly be cheaper if you used the Netflix offering in America.

JaggedSac said:
Skeeuk said:
does anyone know how much a 1080p rental will cost? and how much a download will cost?

If they still offer the ability to download, then I would imagine they would cost the same.

i think its 540 points for hd rental at the mo, so mabey they could price this the same.

its £17.50 for a 2100 points card so 540 would roughly equate to around £4 for a 1080p hd rental.

not to bad if you just want to watch a quick movie once. if its a movie you wanted to watch again the value of it drops down well low.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

gimme gimme moahhh, gimme mahh

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Skeeuk said:
JaggedSac said:
Skeeuk said:

i think its 540 points for hd rental at the mo, so mabey they could price this the same.

its £17.50 for a 2100 points card so 540 would roughly equate to around £4 for a 1080p hd rental.

not to bad if you just want to watch a quick movie once. if its a movie you wanted to watch again the value of it drops down well low.

And there we have it, the idea behind a rental plan summed up in one sentence.

Around the Network

Here is a copy of my speedtest:

Why then is it running at 350k for me? It worked better at work on my shit BB this morning!

Mistershine said:

Here is a copy of my speedtest:

Why then is it running at 350k for me? It worked better at work on my shit BB this morning!

You did something rong. With that speed it should stream with a 2500kbps or even higher bitrate.

My connection is a 2Mbit currently shared by my brother watching YouTube, and still the movie was shown steadily switching between 1100 and 1300kpbs

How can I go wrong when I just click play?

It may be because I'm on Windows 7 with ie8?

Did anyone else notice it's almost instant skipping backwards and forwards along the timeline?

Im not sure how much the jump will be, but wount it look wierd if you go from 1080 HD and your connection drops and you all of a sudden have to settle for a lesser quality? Im still not sure i get how this is going, so i might be way off. Just correct me if so.

Just because you are hitting one server with a fast connection, does not mean that you are hitting every server with a fast connection. There are too many variables at work to say that.